The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2640
What does it mean difference between PCR and IN VIVO??
I thought PCR is sequencing DNA whereas in vivo is artificial reproductive cloning?
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
DNA polymerase= synthesises new DNA
RNA polymerase= synthesises mRNA
Taq polymerase= DNA polymerase from thermophilic bacteria; it isn't denatured at high temperatures

:love: thanks! so taq polmerase and DNA polymerase are essentially the same thing and used in PCR right?
whereas RNA polymerase is in transcription?

which is used in the genetic engineering of bacteria like E. Coli? xx
Original post by Mally-xo
:love: thanks! so taq polmerase and DNA polymerase are essentially the same thing and used in PCR right?
whereas RNA polymerase is in transcription?

which is used in the genetic engineering of bacteria like E. Coli? xx

taq Polymerase is a type of DNA Polymerase that can withstand high temperatures therefore used in PCR.

RNA Polymerase is used Transcription and Lac operon

Reverse Transcriptase and then DNA Polymerase is used in genetic engineering of Insulin :smile:
Original post by honoris
What does it mean difference between PCR and IN VIVO??
I thought PCR is sequencing DNA whereas in vivo is artificial reproductive cloning?

For sequencing it is interrupted PCR with the modified nucleotides

PCR is just replicating a piece of DNA over and over again I think
BYEE and good luck everyone:smile:
Original post by sportycricketer
taq Polymerase is a type of DNA Polymerase that can withstand high temperatures therefore used in PCR.

RNA Polymerase is used Transcription and Lac operon

Reverse Transcriptase and then DNA Polymerase is used in genetic engineering of Insulin :smile:

I LOVE YOU! :teehee: thanks, good luck in the exam. me and alex (the other guy from scriblink) are gonna go on after the exam to discuss/cry if you wanna join lol xxx
(edited 12 years ago)
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PCR AND INTERRUPTED PCR????????? omg freaking out now.
**** that was hard
Reply 2649
FML
-_- what ******* ever OCR
I'll just throw it in there that I could have got anywhere between 40 and 80. We'll just have to wait and see :dontknow:
Expecting the lowest boundaries ever seen in the history of exams
Reply 2653
I loathe OCR.
NOTHING on biotechnology/pcr/electrophoresis/genetic engineering/gene probes/muscles/succession/galapagos/chain termination/golden rice????
and only 2 marks each on cloning and gene therapy? i literally might as well have not revised...
About 3 people cried in my exam and had to go outside :redface:
Reply 2656
Did anyone get around 53% for the percentage question? What did everyone get for the p and q values?
Original post by heartskippedabeat
NOTHING on biotechnology/pcr/electrophoresis/genetic engineering/gene probes/muscles/succession/galapagos/chain termination/golden rice????
and only 2 marks each on cloning and gene therapy? i literally might as well have not revised...

That's what I felt :mad: .. The test was soo ambiguous IMO :s-smilie:
Original post by sc0307
Did anyone get around 53% for the percentage question? What did everyone get for the p and q values?

I got 53 :smile:
I worked it out to be 47, realised it had to be over 50% and just did 1 minus it haha
Not sure i'll get the method mark..

I didn't even get p and q. I should've revised hardy weinberg :redface:
Reply 2659
Original post by sc0307

Yeah i think i got 53% p got 0.08 and q got 0.92 but know i made a mistake when rounding up now :frown: shoulda been 0.93 and 0.07 :frown: fail!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending