Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I never did it because I didn't have time LOL. Easiest question on paper aswell. I can see what gona happen here everyone's going to talk about the calculation question aint they? And I got 133 percent :s

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they gave us an environmental studies/ecology exam instead of biology -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidms001)
    That's what I felt :mad: .. The test was soo ambiguous IMO
    I know
    I didn't find it that hard, whereas everyone else was saying it was the hardest paper they'd ever done But I know the mark schemes will be ultra specific and I'll lose most of the marks
    It's just annoying because I know all the hard stuff really well and they're easy marks if you know the right terms to use, but they have to go on and on about bloody sheep and ladybirds instead

ReputationRep:
    I need AAA, with low A's for my medicine offer. There is no way in hell I reached that. Complete fail. I actually want to give up, I worked so hard and now I ****** it up.

ReputationRep:
    yer well that was ridiculous. had no idea what they were asking for with the 6 marker

ReputationRep:
    That was a mind fank. I actually rechecked I was sitting the right paper lmao.

It was ok, but the questions that I know about had the least marks compared to the questions I didn't no much about. I waffled sooo much.

ReputationRep:
    Because it was over 100 percent different. And it was percentage decrease so you don't divide by original.

ReputationRep:
    Also I talked about imprinting for innate behaviour because even though it's a mix of innate and learned I didn't think the book gave us any other examples... just remembered all the taxes/kineses/reflexes ****

ReputationRep:
    eugh. the nitrogen cycle at the start threw me completly. it was all on the c**p i dont like and nothing on the stuff i like like muscles, brain. blah blah blah. hope i get at least a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J DOT A)
    I need AAA, with low A's for my medicine offer. There is no way in hell I reached that. Complete fail. I actually want to give up, I worked so hard and now I ****** it up.
    Replace 'I' with 'everyone'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albag)
    Yeah i think i got 53% p got 0.08 and q got 0.92 but know i made a mistake when rounding up now shoulda been 0.93 and 0.07 fail!
    I got 0.93 and 0.07. I hope I put them the right way around haha
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by heartskippedabeat)
    I know
    I didn't find it that hard, whereas everyone else was saying it was the hardest paper they'd ever done But I know the mark schemes will be ultra specific and I'll lose most of the marks
    It's just annoying because I know all the hard stuff really well and they're easy marks if you know the right terms to use, but they have to go on and on about bloody sheep and ladybirds instead
    What? Loads of people at my school were going on about how they found it alright!

But I agree. It felt like there should have been 10 different answers for some of them. And there was nothing which I felt was really hard. It was just.... Ambiguous (which made it difficult)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albag)
    Yeah i think i got 53% p got 0.08 and q got 0.92 but know i made a mistake when rounding up now shoulda been 0.93 and 0.07 fail!
    IT was 0.93 and o.o8??? O.O

ReputationRep:
    Bit thrown by the nitrogen cycle stuff. I haven't even been taught any of that elm/cloning stuff as we didn't get time to, we got fobbed off with a badly written booklet to fill in - coupled with my inability to do no work outside of lessons - goodbye 22 marks! Forgot wtf CNS/peripheral systems were...

I don't think the paper was that bad actually, couldn't work out why there were so many marks on a couple of Qs though. Sadly, i've done naff
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Medifield)
    That was a mind fank. I actually rechecked I was sitting the right paper lmao.

It was ok, but the questions that I know about had the least marks compared to the questions I didn't no much about. I waffled sooo much.
    Haha! Me too. I felt like king waffle coming out of that exam

ReputationRep:
    I laughed and cried. Laughed at the examiners for setting us an entire paper on ecology. And then cried, because I remembered I'm pretty darn awful at ecology!

I fluffed up the tissue culture question, and only got about 4 marks in, and then totally had a mind blank about germ line and somatic. And left it blank. FML.

BUT. I liked the nitrogen question. And the stuff about sheep. Seriously. "JUST DON'T FEED THEM GRASS OR THEY'LL DIE" etc.

I got 0.92 and 0.08 for H/W and 52.7% for the other. Which are probably both wrong.

A lot of people in mine got 43% for the waders decrease question though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidms001)
    Haha! Me too. I felt like king waffle coming out of that exam
    Hail my sovereign

But that seriously though, I mean it was all I could do for most questions. I really wasn't 100% what they wanted me to say. I hope they can read my handwritting and check of the lines

EDIT: fOR % DECREASE I got 40.1% but I can't remember how to do it. My maths is bad. I didn;t sign up for a maths exam -.-

ReputationRep:
    That was horrible.

ReputationRep:
    The first question completly threw me off and alas my confidence went down the drain.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad that's done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.