The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Killmepls
Did anyone else feel they didn't have enough points for the 11 marker on learned and innate behavior?
What did u guys write

I described and explained 3 innate and 3 learned behaviour :dontknow:
Original post by Killmepls
Did anyone else feel they didn't have enough points for the 11 marker on learned and innate behavior?
What did u guys write

it was ridiculous. after all that ecology , u get an 11 marker re innate/learned behaviour.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2722
Original post by Kidms001
I suppose I could take a positive out of this and claim that it is good practice for waffle studies general studies tomorrow morning... :tongue:

omg i put 57% decrease
**** you OCR **** YOU SCIENCE
Can't remember what I got for the hardy-weinberg. On the whole it wasn't an easy paper, it was mostly ecology based which sucked, this paper didn't reflect the whole specification, there was literally nothing on Biotechnology.
was that even a unit 5 paper?
that was actually ridiculous, so much environmental stuff...
no PCR, genetic engineering, muscles, plant hormones
SCREW YOU OCR :cry:
Reply 2726
Original post by mortysteve
stupid biology. dunno how i got bb = 50 then. :frown:

Like I originally did, heh. Used bb as the black ladybugs, so bb would have been 50/346. Luckily realised right at the end and redid it with the red ladybugs.
I wrote about reflexes and taxes for innate aaaaaand habituation, operant conditioning/reinforcement, imprinting and insight learning for learned behaviour. Gave examples of animals for each one too (and why it's advantageous). *shrug*

There was an easy question on tissue culture that was worth 7 marks. :P
There was also an easy question on the differences of Somatic Cell Therapy + Germline and also Prophase 1 + Prophase 2. I was a bit unsure about what to put about the differences between the PNS and CNS and I'm sure I waffled a bit, but I got some differences down. :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kidms001
I described and explained 3 innate and 3 learned behaviour :dontknow:

Yeah did the same thing, I talked about innate and gave example, then reflex, example, kinesis, exmaple, postive phototaxis, example, insight, example, latent, example, habitual, example, imprinting, example.

Might as well be a psychologist! I'll be angry if I only get 5 marks outta that -.-
Reply 2729
for the very 1st question i said its digested and broken down into smaller molecules which are then used to synthesize amino acids etc.. using specific enzymes, for protein synthesis in animals?
for the next one i was like for a start how the f**k is humus made (on top of that i dont even like bludy humus - made the question soo much worse lol) cause i have no clue so i talked about saprotrophs breaking down egested crap and releasing nutrients etc.. into environment. anyone think thats slightly right at all lol?
lets create a proper post exam thread...
Original post by heartskippedabeat
It got negged? Silly people :rolleyes:
Haha, I usually count the marks I think I've definitely got, I didn't even have time in this exam :redface: I never run out of time in exams :frown:

Aww nice :biggrin: I'm literally just eating everything in my house :love:

Ahh same, but as I haven't revised for any of my other exams because of this stupid paper, I think I might have to make myself :frown: :tongue:

That depends on when and what your next exam is? My next proper exam is on Thursday (maths) but I might have to whack out some revision tonight as I have waffle studies general studies and a driving lesson tomorrow, so time is a little tight :rolleyes:
Reply 2732
What sort of an exam ***** you in the face with the first question?!? :confused:

Could anyone answer it properly?
Reply 2733
fcuk you nitrogen cycle!
Reply 2734
Original post by Dandan10

omg i put 57% decrease

I got 57% too!!
omg i put 57% decrease

Have you quoted the wrong person? Or have you read my mind? I put the same but I'm sure I haven't posted that since I was embarrassed at getting it wrong :holmes:

Original post by Medifield
Yeah did the same thing, I talked about innate and gave example, then reflex, example, kinesis, exmaple, postive phototaxis, example, insight, example, latent, example, habitual, example, imprinting, example.

Might as well be a psychologist! I'll be angry if I only get 5 marks outta that -.-

I did exactly the same, just with classical conditioning instead of latent and operant instead of habitual :yep:
I also thought humas was a spread you put on crackers and bread LOLLLLL!
Original post by eddie90
for the very 1st question i said its digested and broken down into smaller molecules which are then used to synthesize amino acids etc.. using specific enzymes, for protein synthesis in animals?
for the next one i was like for a start how the f**k is humus made (on top of that i dont even like bludy humus - made the question soo much worse lol) cause i have no clue so i talked about saprotrophs breaking down egested crap and releasing nutrients etc.. into environment. anyone think thats slightly right at all lol?

I think it was just asking for the processes that contribute to process B, i.e., defecation, urination, death of plant/animal etc.,
Reply 2738
Original post by Tobia_s
What sort of an exam ***** you in the face with the first question?!? :confused:

Could anyone answer it properly?

No idea if it's right, I just mentioned digestion, some waffle, break down proteins into amino acids, more waffle, then distributed and used in translation to make proteins.

Tbh it was probably the most sciencey question on the stupid paper. Better than sheep.
Reply 2739
I feel so gutted:frown: I need a B for my uni, and I think after that exam I can kiss any chance of university goodbye! How can they do an entire paper on ecology? Surely they should do an equal amount from each module:frown:

Quick Reply