Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everyone should be given A's for that exam as compensation from OCR for having to do that **** paper!

ReputationRep:
    ****kk you ocr for not puting genetic engineering of insulin ****kk youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....you had to put some innate behaviour bull****tt..thanks for ruining everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Morons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    What did people get for Molecular Analysis??
    wrote genome sequencing no clue though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mortysteve)
    1)a) Plant protein - animal protein (3)
    b) Processes that lead to process B (humus) (2)
    c) How the processes C and D contribute to plant growth (reference to nitrifying bacteria). (3)
    ?) What plant could the farmer use to restore nitrogen the soil? (2)
    ?) Why rare sheep should be kept in existence (2)
    ?) The two processes involved in allowing sheep to eat seaweed (2)
    ?) The two major problems that cause these sheep to be rare? (2?)
    ?) What are the three stop codons? (1)
    ?) Why do stop codons stop translation (or some ****)? (3)
    ?) name the process which can convert uuu- uac (?) (1)
    ?)name of the nucleic acid seen in fig 5.2 (2)

?) What are the other 4 amino acids in the chain? (2)
    ?) Differences between Somatic Cell Therapy and Germline Cell Therapy (2)
    ?) Differences between PNS and CNS (4)
    ?) Differences between Prophase 1 and Prophase 2 (2)
    ?) Describe and explain what happens to the population of waders after hedgehogs are introduced (6)
    ?) Percentage decrease of Swipes in area 2 (2)
    ?) define innate behaviour (2)
    ?) define learned behaviour (2)

?) Advantages of learned and innate behaviour (11)
    ?) Describe the process of tissue culture? (7)
    ?) Describe a suitable method for the student to measure ladybirds up the hill? (1)
    ?) Explain a more suitable method to list the data collected (frequencies of ladybirds)? (2)
    ?) The student says, "positive correlation = ladybirds survive better in highaltitudes". Is he correct in saying this? (3)
    ?) define recessive (1)
    ?) Work out p and q (hardy weinberg) (3)

???
    i think were missing 27 marks :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J DOT A)
    Okay lets just clear this up... who needed an A/B in exam to get an overall A?
    No way in God's name I am getting an overall A with this paper.
    Need 107.. im getting nothing near that
    revised for months and weeks and what happens? And too right, it was a damn ecology paper! No biology tested what so ever. I was actually surprised when i felt i could answer something confidently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    The question about eggs described how both hedgehogs and waders both eat the same eggs at shallow areas or something. At first I thought it said hedgehogs were eating waders eggs but then realised that weren't the case so started all over again.

For the nucleic acid one I had no idea what it mean so wrote DNA -_-

For the stop codons I could only find two so resorted to making my own up

For why they should conserve farm animals I wrote because they could use selective breeding and breed them with other famr animal- forgot what the animal was now

Overall...I'm MAD!!! I revised so much and I got an ecology paper!

Someone should make a fb group with the title ''Biology's ecology mistake F215''
    It did say that they eat eggs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabolin)
    wa did people write about why the tree goes yellow?
    I put that the xylem were blocked so not enough magnesium ions were transported to the leaves to make chlorophyll? : /

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    wrote something to do with lack of water being transferred to leaves which is a raw product for photosynthesis.
    I said that hormone cyokinin could not travel through xylem so the leave begin to age. Also auxin too can't travel to that area. I menioned about Nutrients (But knowing OCR they will probs say rejec that word -.-) can't travel there either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    The question about eggs described how both hedgehogs and waders both eat the same eggs at shallow areas or something. At first I thought it said hedgehogs were eating waders eggs but then realised that weren't the case so started all over again.

For the nucleic acid one I had no idea what it mean so wrote DNA -_-

For the stop codons I could only find two so resorted to making my own up

For why they should conserve farm animals I wrote because they could use selective breeding and breed them with other famr animal- forgot what the animal was now

Overall...I'm MAD!!! I revised so much and I got an ecology paper!

Someone should make a fb group with the title ''Biology's ecology mistake F215''

there was a mistake in the paper?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    wrote genome sequencing no clue though.
    Yeah i wrote automated polynucleotide sequencing. Took me a while for that!!!

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sorry for everyone who had a lot riding on that paper.

Completely ridiculous set of questions, as I'm sure you're all saying, on the topics we all hate :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jungdao)
    I put that the xylem were blocked so not enough magnesium ions were transported to the leaves to make chlorophyll? : /
    thats exactly what I said....duno if its right...i just remembered it from GCSE lol

ReputationRep:
    What the F** was that. That was my reaction after the exam and everyone elses. Ive been revising like a dog for the past 2 months and it was not worth it at all. There was nothing that you actually, couldve sid, 'ahh i know this. There was ****ing 6 marks on hedgegos, why the hell couldnt they just give 6 marks on electrophoresis. I think we have to do something about this exam,, and i was so peed off, i took a spare copy of the exam and ran off. Looking back on it, only 9 marks on Cellular control and the rest was ecology. Nothing else cept for the behaviour part.
    So basically, i have the **** paper in front of me.
    Im just angry at how OCR could make a paper such as this to test our biology skills based on 4 units. Errr :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jungdao)
    omg that's what I wrote but I phrased it differently

ReputationRep:
    might aswell have not opened module 2.

ReputationRep:
    could anyone tell me what they think the grade boundaries may be?
    or what the 2011 grade boundaries were? A-E?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManPowa)
    What the F** was that. That was my reaction after the exam and everyone elses. Ive been revising like a dog for the past 2 months and it was not worth it at all. There was nothing that you actually, couldve sid, 'ahh i know this. There was ****ing 6 marks on hedgegos, why the hell couldnt they just give 6 marks on electrophoresis. I think we have to do something about this exam,, and i was so peed off, i took a spare copy of the exam and ran off. Looking back on it, only 9 marks on Cellular control and the rest was ecology. Nothing else cept for the behaviour part.
    Im just angry at how OCR could make a paper such as this to test our biology skills based on 4 units. Errr :/
    upload it on here

ReputationRep:
    How did you manage to nick the exam lol? And yh we should do something, OCR are f*cking mugs.

ReputationRep:
    Talk about a mixed bag... I found some of it so unbelievably easy - the codon question might as well have been on a gcse paper, just reading off of a diagram...

I won't even go into the amount of vague, ambiguous irrelevant crap...

ReputationRep:
    can you scan the paper in?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2012

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.