Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by There will be Particles)
    I got this too, was a little confused at first felt the dominant should be the larger one but whatever lool
    Yeah... although I suppose it makes sense from the data we were given - there were so many more red ladybirds than blue.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to send them an abusive email but im scared they might find out who I am and faillll me

ReputationRep:
    11 marks on behaviour =evil! I put one point down. Spend too long working out the percentage decrease (couldn't remember how to) and on the Hardy Weinberg thing. Quite liked the stuff about hedgehogs though. I ran out of time and I didn't think it would be possible until 10mins before the end. I think I might just have got that E I wanted though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786girl)
    I really want to send them an abusive email but im scared they might find out who I am and faillll me
    make a new email, leave it anonymous and say whatever you want

ReputationRep:
    OCR activated my sympathetic nervous system for all the wrong reasons

ReputationRep:
    I need 16 marks over a C to get a B overall in Biology.

Not going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    I see why I ended up with p=0.93 and q=0.07... I rounded it before I squared rooted it.

Today is a depressing day indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabers)
    11 marks on behaviour =evil! I put one point down. Spend too long working out the percentage decrease (couldn't remember how to) and on the Hardy Weinberg thing. Quite liked the stuff about hedgehogs though. I ran out of time and I didn't think it would be possible until 10mins before the end. I think I might just have got that E I wanted though.
    I love the fact that the only person who enjoyed the hedgehog stuff is applying for ecology ^^ (whatever floats your boat :P )

ReputationRep:
    I feel going hedgehog, ladybird and rare Scottish sheep hunting,

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry to here it didnt go well for most, as for me it didnt either,
    Im looking to get 70 UMS marks to get a C, i suppose that would be 35marks out of 100? for this paper.
    reply= il rep you thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepwince)
    I love the fact that the only person who enjoyed the hedgehog stuff is applying for ecology ^^ (whatever floats your boat :P )
    Yeah, pretty much every one in my class hates the biodiversity and conservation stuff apart from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDr)
    I need 70 UMS for an A, and I think it's about 46%.
    how did u work that out? 46/100 for an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoTheMedic)
    I feel going hedgehog, ladybird and rare Scottish sheep hunting,
    Can I join you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazydavy)
    What was the grade boundary for the January paper?

Plus, what did people put to the question, 'what type of mutation is UUG' or whatever that question was? I put neutral since it would have a neutral effect but I'm not sure?
    i put silent substitution mutation?

ReputationRep:
    I have just sat the OCR A2 F215 exam, and I was deeply shocked to discover that the exam only covered about one module of the entire syllabus. What has really aggravated me is that this test is not in the slightest bit representational of a students ability to demonstrate their knowledge the of the F215 specification, as the exam instead asked vague questions that were sometimes based on just one paragraph of the text book.

I also feel that writing an exam such as this is unfair to the people who genuinely put 4/5 hours aside everyday for two months to revise the entire textbook only to be tested on many details of the textbook that are not explained in enough detail.

I look forward to your response,

Hope I actually get a reply from them... hahaha write a letter it does actually make you feel a lot better about doing sh*t in this exam

ReputationRep:
    OMG I missed out the entire page about hedgehogs!!
    Thats 10 marks down the drain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Signed Solution)
    I see why I ended up with p=0.93 and q=0.07... I rounded it before I squared rooted it.

my working (extracted from calculator)

296 + 50= 346

296/346=0.855

(0.855)*0.5=0.9249

1-0.9249= 0.075

Final answers- p=0.08, q=0.92
    I think I was inconsistent with decimal places but I just carried through with my calculator value so should be no rounding errors
    final answer had to be to two decimal places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Signed Solution)

so did I! hoping we'll get a mark for adding the numbers to get 346, and a method mark for dividing and sqaure rooting... but not the final mark for correct answer... hopefully 2/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medifield)
    WAIT A SEC

The hedgehog question mentioned eggs being eaten >.< Dammit I never saw that anywhere. I just talked about interspecific competition for food and nesting sites. The overlapping niches and compared 2 values. **** **** ****

I thought i was the only one who didn't see anything mentioned about them eating the eggs!
    I should've read the question properly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirbester)
    Where the **** were the muscles?
    Genetic engineering?
    Fight or flight?
    Biotechnology?
    Was that a biology exam or english language...
    Thats for F215 on Tuesday 31st January 2012...since this was not a proper F215 at all...it was the third F215 paper...there are three more papers until they have entirely assessed F215 supposdely? :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.