Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandan10)
    yes cos one of my friends said it was an easy paper and she does geography as well arghhhh
    thats whats so frustrating! this exam seems to have been made for everyone apart from people who like pure biology (muscles, genetics, genetic engineering etc.)

ReputationRep:
    cud u say genome sequencing?? also what about stem propagation instead of vegatative propagation? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soloman)
    cud u say genome sequencing?? also what about stem propagation instead of vegatative propagation? thanks
    OCR are very strict bunch of people

ReputationRep:
    What ums would 73 be? using last years boundaries

ReputationRep:
    How can OCR be strict with their answers? given that there are a few questions that were ambiguous and couldve had 2 or 3 answers?
    Like that mutation one it was a silent, point and substitution mutation.

ReputationRep:
    I have e-mailed Ofqual with my analysis of the mark distribution between the Modules that I posted on my blog. This is not really going to help you guys this year unless Ofqual decide the paper was unfair and ask OCR to set the boundaries lower, but I would like to see OCR do a better job in their quality control in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whc23)
    I have e-mailed Ofqual with my analysis of the mark distribution between the Modules that I posted on my blog. This is not really going to help you guys this year unless Ofqual decide the paper was unfair and ask OCR to set the boundaries lower, but I would like to see OCR do a better job in their quality control in the future.
    In your opinion, looking at previous exam papers what do you think the grade boundary will be for an A grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sickofexamz)
    In your opinion, looking at previous exam papers what do you think the grade boundary will be for an A grade?
    My opinion does not count for much. The grade boundary will probably be determined by how well the paper is answered by the students and adjusted accordingly. It might seem fairer to set the boundary at 55/100 for an A so as not to disadvantage the students who revised all the modules. What this would do, however, is to boost the grades of the students who focused a lot of their revision on Module 3 (Ecosystems) so they would still have an unfair advantage. There are no easy solutions here, which is why OCR should have got the paper right in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    hi has anyone worked out the answers to this paper? i'd like to try and find out an idea of what i got! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whc23)
    I would give you the mark but you know how fussy OCR can be! The book refers to "automated DNA sequencing" so not sure whether they will accept without telling them what you are sequencing.
    i wrote genome sequencing.. is that right..

ReputationRep:
    instead of vegetative propagation i said clonal patch.. thats wrong.. and for the question where it says how should the student get his data i said use a sweep net along the transect..is that right..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whc23)
    Hi everyone,
    I have generated an unofficial mark scheme for this exam. Hope it might be useful.

Please also check out my analysis of the mark distribution according the size of each module on my blog which I think you will find interesting.
    Thank you so much for that, definitely made me feel a lot better! Good job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bangla_man)
    instead of vegetative propagation i said clonal patch.. thats wrong.. and for the question where it says how should the student get his data i said use a sweep net along the transect..is that right..
    I said sweep net too I reckon that's right as they are used to catch insects! I reckon the main ansewers will be pooter and sweep net

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fdeane1)
    hi has anyone worked out the answers to this paper? i'd like to try and find out an idea of what i got! Thanks
    Yes, I uploaded an unofficial mark scheme yesterday (16th June). Search this thread for "unofficial mark scheme" and choose the link with the pdf attachment. Enjoy

ReputationRep:
    Reckon 60/100 will be enough for an A?
    ****in' OCR man...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    I said sweep net too I reckon that's right as they are used to catch insects! I reckon the main ansewers will be pooter and sweep net
    You can definitely use quadrats to count ladybirds (see attached paper).
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Leather(99) Ladybird Counting.pdf (648.9 KB, 108 views)

ReputationRep:
    Rock bottom being harsh with the unofficial mark scheme I got 41/100 so that will get me my B for uni by quite a bit. I have worked hard for an A though and I definitely had the capability of getting an A in the F215 paper. I really wanted to get AAA too I revised literally all the other topics really well from the text book and the revision book, watching videos/making notes/discussing it with friends to solidify my knowledge. I then read through ecosystems from the revision book on the Sunday before the exam. It sounds like I'm trying to worm my way out of doing quite bad but that is really how I approached my revision :/

Come to think of it I didn't even read the sampling section, relying on my geography knowledge. GAH

ReputationRep:
    rock bottom marks in that for me was 42....but I reckon I could quite easily range from 40-55.....so nervous as this might cost me a medicine place seeing as it was 50% of the A2

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got a copy of the times article? i know someone has posted a print screen, but it's unreadable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    rock bottom marks in that for me was 42....but I reckon I could quite easily range from 40-55.....so nervous as this might cost me a medicine place seeing as it was 50% of the A2
    sorry to hear that bro same here medicine place in jeopardy. i'm just thankful i'm retaking f214, which at the time of january results seemed really stupid (because i got 72/90 ums = A) but right now it's probably the best decision i've taken this year! so i can hopefully maximise ums marks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.