The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3700
Does anyone have the mark scheme or grade boundaries to this exam? Or know where to see them?

Thanks
Reply 3701
Original post by maxb123

Original post by maxb123
Does anyone have the mark scheme or grade boundaries to this exam? Or know where to see them?

Thanks

mark scheme isnt out for a good few months, grade boundaries are here http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_60649_admin_unit_level_raw_mark_grade_boundaries0611.pdf
Reply 3702
Original post by sc0307
mark scheme isnt out for a good few months, grade boundaries are here http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_60649_admin_unit_level_raw_mark_grade_boundaries0611.pdf

Thank you :smile: I was 2 ums off a C in my exam >.> Need to gain 5 ums on my remark for a C overall.
Reply 3703
Original post by maxb123

Original post by maxb123
Thank you :smile: I was 2 ums off a C in my exam >.> Need to gain 5 ums on my remark for a C overall.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by QueenVic92
I thought I failed this so bad... ended up getting 143/150!!! So happy! Quick question though, for an A* grade does the practical count? Because I got 76/90, 40/60 for the F214 and practical. I'm wondering how far away from an A* I am?

Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid, I just never considered that I might even get close to an A* grade so I don't know much about it :smile:

I don't think it does sorry, only the two A2 units count. That's what my teachers said anyway :P
Original post by QueenVic92
I thought I failed this so bad... ended up getting 143/150!!! So happy! Quick question though, for an A* grade does the practical count? Because I got 76/90, 40/60 for the F214 and practical. I'm wondering how far away from an A* I am?

Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid, I just never considered that I might even get close to an A* grade so I don't know much about it :smile:

Yes they do count practical, u have to get 270 ums at a2 for a*, an I think ur 11 marks of that
Original post by maxb123
Thank you. :smile: I was 2 ums off a C in my exam >.> Need to gain 5 ums on my remark for a C overall.

Woa yeah good luck!
Original post by empirehouse
Yes they do count practical, u have to get 270 ums at a2 for a*, an I think ur 11 marks of that

are you serious? I got 265 UMS in A2.. should I remark?!?!
Original post by Killmepls
are you serious? I got 265 UMS in A2.. should I remark?!?!

Yh I think u should, there's always a chance you'll get an a*
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ does anyone have question paper and MARK SCHEME for June 2011 paper, since someone's released it for Chem, I'm sure they can do it for Bio as well!!!!!!! :smile:
Does anyone have the June 2011 paper for the A2 exam? Would be very grateful!
thankyou
Original post by DontPropositionMe
Hey guys....PUTTING THIS IN BIG FONT SO YOU GUYS CAN SEE. :h:

I was doing some revision today for F215 and I found a MASSIVE pack of past papers and markschemes in my old bag. Like I have 50+ questions on application of genetics alone, all the past papers from 2002-2010 and about 60+ questions on central concepts 2006-2009

I want to share them since I've had a lot of help from TSR but I dont know how! How do I transfer stuff from a booklet to TSR? I'm not very techy sorry!

:redface:

please is it possible to email them to me
Original post by Killmepls
Can someone please explain muscle contraction to me? I don't get the sliding filament model. Particularly where it talks about the myosin head unattaching and then reattaching. I don't get how myosin bending increases overlap either.

Hope this helps you as much as it helps me :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kFmbrRJq4w

Quick Reply

Latest