Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitarmike456)
    Wow! That's mighty impressive - well done!
    cheers dude, go for the A*, i'm just hoping the grade boundaries are gonna be low like my f212 retake was 64 for an A, if you managed 70 thats well over 130 ums.

ReputationRep:
    Just me again, just stumbled across this and wondered whether anyone's been trying to suss out what will come up. I'm really panicking, usually really good with being stressed but this is silly! Anyone have any hunches they wouldn't mind sharing? Also is the January 2011 paper available, looked a little while ago and couldn't find it! Oh why did I leave this so late, wrote the most beautiful notes and tried to read them but can't comprehend what I've written! Sorry flapping a little, might get some air.

ReputationRep:
    Well I need an A which isn't too much pressure because of my other unit scores but I really want an A* which is like AH ITS SO EASY TO DROP 10%
    you?
    Ahh yeah :/ Good luck! I'm sure you'll get it
    I'm aiming for a high B in this, around like 115/120 ums hopefully, but I'm resitting F214 aswell and I want an A in that :/
    I just worked out I only need 70 ums in this exam to get into uni though, takes the pressure off a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgie298)
    Just me again, just stumbled across this and wondered whether anyone's been trying to suss out what will come up. I'm really panicking, usually really good with being stressed but this is silly! Anyone have any hunches they wouldn't mind sharing? Also is the January 2011 paper available, looked a little while ago and couldn't find it! Oh why did I leave this so late, wrote the most beautiful notes and tried to read them but can't comprehend what I've written! Sorry flapping a little, might get some air.
    I'd say:

meisos is likely to come up
    biotech + module 1 orientated more, but it's just speculation

ReputationRep:
    It's on page 12 of this thread, and the markschemes on a recent page, about 58 I think
    Don't worry, just try to chill and keep going through your notes. I know how you feel though, I'm stressing out so badly haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waqar Y)
    cheers dude, go for the A*, i'm just hoping the grade boundaries are gonna be low like my f212 retake was 64 for an A, if you managed 70 thats well over 130 ums.
    Yeah i was looking at this last year and it was like 60/100 for 120 UMS! Mind you its not quite as good as physics

(Original post by heartskippedabeat)
    I'm aiming for a high B in this, around like 115/120 ums hopefully, but I'm resitting F214 aswell and I want an A in that :/
    I just worked out I only need 70 ums in this exam to get into uni though, takes the pressure off a bit
    Yeah its a lovely feeling - I realised I can get a U to get into uni But i'll still feel mega disappointed with myself if that happens so I'm working my bum off

ReputationRep:
    Ah, good luck with that dude - whens the f214 exam, i heard it's like a week or so after this one.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm something is telling me that OCR could sneak in a question on sources and sinks from AS because of all the cytokinin stuff

You never really know with them!

ReputationRep:
    Do you do maths by any chance?
    The formula is a perfect square
    Me and maths have never really seen eye to eye! Scrapped a C at GCSE because I was more interested in gossiping about who my teacher was sleeping with. I'd got that though, I think... as in p+q = 100% as does p(squared) + 2pq + q(squared) Is that what you mean? So bad at maths don't know how to find the squared thing. Oh crumbs! So I guess a basic understanding wouldn't go a miss, will we need to calculate it in the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Me and maths have never really seen eye to eye! Scrapped a C at GCSE because I was more interested in gossiping about who my teacher was sleeping with. I'd got that though, I think... as in p+q = 100% as does p(squared) + 2pq + q(squared) Is that what you mean? So bad at maths don't know how to find the squared thing. Oh crumbs! So I guess a basic understanding wouldn't go a miss, will we need to calculate it in the exam?
    Yeah that's exactly it! so literally you just need to know what the values mean - I think p is for dominant and q for recessive and then plug the values in - what are you having trouble remembering ?

ReputationRep:
    it's basically

p = dominant allele
    q = reccesive allele

p2 = homozygous dominant
    q2 = homozygous reccesive

2pq = heterozygote

p2xq2x2pq = 1 (everyone has alleles)

ReputationRep:
    It's on page 12 of this thread, and the markschemes on a recent page, about 58 I think
    Don't worry, just try to chill and keep going through your notes. I know how you feel though, I'm stressing out so badly haha
    Oh brilliant! You absolute life saver, thank you so much! Gosh, I hate this!! Don’t feel strong enough to do a mock because still really don’t know it, so I’m putting that off until tomorrow morning. Roll on the 23rd! Good luck, being a total hypocrite, but let’s keep everything in perspective, there is more to life. Keep smiling.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its a lovely feeling - I realised I can get a U to get into uni But i'll still feel mega disappointed with myself if that happens so I'm working my bum off
    Haha yeah it'd be awful to look at your results slip and have really low grades even if you've still got into uni What are you doing in uni?

(Original post by Waqar Y)
    Ah, good luck with that dude - whens the f214 exam, i heard it's like a week or so after this one.
    Thanks Good luck to you too! Yeah, it's on the 22nd. I wish they'd put it before F215, would've made so much more sense

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah it'd be awful to look at your results slip and have really low grades even if you've still got into uni What are you doing in uni?
    Chemistry you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's exactly it! so literally you just need to know what the values mean - I think p is for dominant and q for recessive and then plug the values in - what are you having trouble remembering ?
    Just worrying I'll come unstuck with the plugging in lark! Just wondered if we'd need to be to apply it really, or just understand it's a model used. I'll try and cram it in, it's not too tricky, just looks pretty ominous. But will work through it in a second, can't be so hard! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Oh brilliant! You absolute life saver, thank you so much! Gosh, I hate this!! Don’t feel strong enough to do a mock because still really don’t know it, so I’m putting that off until tomorrow morning. Roll on the 23rd! Good luck, being a total hypocrite, but let’s keep everything in perspective, there is more to life. Keep smiling.
    No probs Yeah I did one yesterday and got 58 :/ It'll all be over soon though Haha, you too x

ReputationRep:
    what exactly should we know about dopamine receptors??
    theres different info in different books!
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Just worrying I'll come unstuck with the plugging in lark! Just wondered if we'd need to be to apply it really, or just understand it's a model used. I'll try and cram it in, it's not too tricky, just looks pretty ominous. But will work through it in a second, can't be so hard! Thank you
    It's ok if you have any questions you can always ask but I think its a case of just plugging in numbers they give you and knowing what the symbols mean so you can know what numbers to put where the best way for you to practice is a worksheet:

http://www.biologycorner.com/workshe...weinberg2.html

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry you?
    Ahh that's cool Chem's too hard for me haha
    Zoology

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that's cool Chem's too hard for me haha
    Zoology
    Ah that's awesome! I Wanted to be a vet for ages - would love to do zoology!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.