Turn on thread page Beta

2 Questions regarding Uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    1) Having made my firm/insurance choices, is there anyway to change it so i can make my insurance my firm?

2) My mum's side of the family is scottish (as is she) is it possible for me to claim scottish residency or w/e and get my uni fee's payed for me? (I have never lived in scotland).

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    1) Phone UCAS, particularly if it's within the last fortnight due to the grace period. If it's not possible and you'd rather just have a firm, you can get your current firm to release you, making your current insurance your new firm.

2) No, you need to live there and have lived there for a number of years - if you could claim ancestry, loads of people would be doing it. I'd be doing it. Besides, even in a hypothetical circumstance where you could, it would only work if you're going to a Scottish uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    1) Phone UCAS, particularly if it's within the last fortnight due to the grace period. If it's not possible and you'd rather just have a firm, you can get your current firm to release you, making your current insurance your new firm.

2) No, you need to live there and have lived there for a number of years - if you could claim ancestry, loads of people would be doing it. I'd be doing it. Besides, even in a hypothetical circumstance where you could, it would only work if you're going to a Scottish uni.
    Cheers

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.