Turn on thread page Beta

Did you sleep with your partner before or after deciding you were in a relationship? watch

Did you have sex with them, then got into a relationship or get into a relationship then have sex?
    I've found that younger people 18- tend to get into the relationship first then sleep together after a while, whereas older people usually sleep together then just 'fall' into a relationship. Would you agree?
    Me and my boyfriend never officially 'agreed' on a relationship we kind of just fell into it after sleeping together in his limousine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Did you have sex with them, then got into a relationship or get into a relationship then have sex?
    I've found that younger people 18- tend to get into the relationship first then sleep together after a while, whereas older people usually sleep together then just 'fall' into a relationship. Would you agree?
    Me and my boyfriend never officially 'agreed' on a relationship we kind of just fell into it after sleeping together in his limousine...
    I’m sure it’s age dependent as those under ~18 will believe that a relationship is essential before sex.

I honestly don’t understand how anyone could consider being in a relationship and not have had sex. I guess some people enter into a relationship without even knowing whether they are sexually compatible or not.

ReputationRep:
    Well with my ex, we were in a relationship first before we had sex.
    With the guy I'm seeing right now, we just did it even though we're not yet in a relationship yet. I hope I don't regret sleeping with him right away though, it's funny cos my beliefs before was that I would never do sex if the guy is not my bf. Yet here I am now, I've done it and just hoping that he'll ask me to be his gf. If he doesn't ask me, I'd probably beat myself up for sleeping with him right away.

ReputationRep:
    All the other girls I dated, slept with them by the 3rd date. Officially in relationship...... sometime later.

My other half, moments before she said she only did it with a boyfriend.... then it happened and she said I'm her boyfriend, I didn't protest. Much later I would find out that I was supposed to stop it from happening before she made it happen if I did not want her................... not that she would have given me the choice to say no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trooper6)
    I’m sure it’s age dependent as those under ~18 will believe that a relationship is essential before sex.

I honestly don’t understand how anyone could consider being in a relationship and not have had sex. I guess some people enter into a relationship without even knowing whether they are sexually compatible or not.
    This. I lost my virginity at 17 and any "relationship" before that was just child stuff, I don't refer to my boyfriend at 13 as my "ex-boyfriend". When you are 20+, you usually have sex a few times to make sure you're compatible before you can call it a relationship.
    Calling someone my boyfriend before we've even had sex, would seem :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    After although that was more because we didn't have much choice in that regard :p:

Tbf, I would've jumped him long before but he was in a relationship at the time so...no shagging his brains out

ReputationRep:
    I already decided I was in a relationship, we were together for 4 months before having sex. I was under 18 though if that makes a difference...

ReputationRep:
    ... Which is why I'm always clueless when answering "How many boyfriend(s) have you had?" And that question is a lot more common in Asia surprisingly enough.
    Never actually slept with any of my "boyfriends" (aka until 17), the only guy I was close to sleeping with that was my bf at the time was when I was 16, we broke up because I wasn't ready to have sex with him and he wanted to have sex. He pressured me into giving him a BJ, which is why I hate giving them now, and that's the one thing I refuse to do unless it's an actual relationship.

OP - your relationship sounds like Chuck and Blair in Gossip Girl. ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Call me old fashioned but I like to do it the other way round - dates and stuffs first... ^.^ maybe I'm a romantic... I'm only 18 though.

ReputationRep:
    just got into my first ever relationship a few days ago.

and my answer to the question is: neither, yet. though when it does happen it'll be 'after'.
    ........my dude's keeping me waiiiiitiiiiing. ;_; *suffers*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elf.)
    Call me old fashioned but I like to do it the other way round - dates and stuffs first... ^.^ maybe I'm a romantic... I'm only 18 though.
    I prefer to do this as well, it's not old fashioned in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niall2407)
    I prefer to do this as well, it's not old fashioned in my opinion
    I'm actually surprised at how many people do it the other way round, though I can see why society is moving in this direction. I think I'm naive :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend was a "one night stand" which turned into a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    We were almost a ONS, but he was all gentlemanly and wanted to see if we could work long term. As it is long distance, we were official a month or so before we slept together, but mostly because we didn't have a chance before that.

ReputationRep:
    was sleeping with her for a month, then turned into a relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What was the relevance of the emboldened statement?

Are we talking about sitting in the back of a 'llac sipping 'gnac or was it more like a quick grope with a second hand car dealer in his 25 year old series 7 beemer?

ReputationRep:
    Got into the relationship and then had sex - I was only 14/15 when we started going out with eachother

ReputationRep:
    I have always had a relationship before having sex..

ReputationRep:
    What about the "neither" option for people who banged right when they decided, and for people who haven't had sex with their partner?

Out of interest, can any of you see why sex might seem quite dirty from the point of view of an asexual person? In the same way that going to the toilet is quite dirty.

ReputationRep:
    The second I pentrated we updated our Facebook status'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.