Turn on thread page Beta

Concerts & Gigs watch

ReputationRep:
    Didn't see a thread about this, so I thought I would make one.

So, what all concerts have you guys been to lately or are going to see in the future? Which ones have you enjoyed the most?

My favourite concert so far must be Muse. I saw them live in Switzerland in November 09.

Coldplay in 05 was not bad either, same with Paul McCartney in 04.

Though I cannot wait for wednesday, it's going to be epic...BIFFY CLYRO!!!! At Royal Albert Hall!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've been slacking with gigs this year. Only been to see James Blake this year.

ReputationRep:
    Saw All Time Low a couple of weeks ago for the 4th time and Panic! at the Disco in May <3

OMG I love Biffy Clyro atm that will be awesome!!! Have fun!!!

ReputationRep:
    The one I have been to recentely was Murderdolls.
    Not sure what's going to be my next gig, due to money and obviously when my liked bands tour...
    Best concert so far has been Rammstein. Great performance from the band with pyrotechnics and general performances, foam 'penis' cannon. Great support band that is one of my favourites as well. Had lots of freebies, like the drumstick, got given an aftershow party pass too. Even fainted at the end due to the extreme heat being in the front line from the fires... was well worth it. : ) I hope they tour again...

I guess most people probably have never even heard of the bands I mentioned, but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly recent but these were all AMAZING:
    Muse at Wembely Stadium, years ago.
    Radiohead were amazing when I saw them at Reading. I was right at the front and ahwhhhhrhrhrh words cannot descibe how good they were.
    Oasis at Wembely Arena was good too. They put on a good show. So did Blur when I saw them at Hyde Park :coma:

Going to see Belle and Sebastian in May. Woohoooo.

ReputationRep:
    Recently I've seen Chapel Club (boring, dull) and Does it Offend you Yeah? (generally just loud)..

The best gig I ever went to: Probably Coldplay in 08 because we were front row, dressed as Coldplay (French revolutionary gear complete with French flag) and managed to get loads of stuff off the stage from the band.. picks, drum sticks, set lists. Check the Coldplay wiki thats our flag in the picture.

U2 in Dublin was great. Whatever you think about them. Home city + 120,000 Dubliners makes for a special night out.

ReputationRep:
    I have seen:

Status Quo (loads of times)
    The Eagles
    Aerosmith
    Elton John
    Scissor Sisters
    Kasabian (before they really took off - I wasn't that keen on them)
    Futureheads (didn't like them, think they died)

I also went to the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2006 and saw Sean Paul play a guitar.

This summer I am looking at, but will probably only go to less than half:
    Deep Purple
    Iron Maiden
    Whitesnake
    Foreigner + Journey + Styx
    Rod Stewart

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I can pick a favourite that I've been to...but really looking forward top System of a Down, Slipknot and Metallica this year!
    Most recent gigs have been A Day To Remember, Taste of Chaos tour, Stone Sour/A7X and Sum 41, as well as Reading and Download last year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you've said that, i'm seeing coldplay at T in the park this year and Muse at Leeds, cannot wait! As for best so far probably Blink 182, Mumford and sons and Kaiser cheifs

ReputationRep:
    last one I went to was Hard Rock Calling to see Paul McCartney
    haven't had time since then to see many more

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to a concert in ages I went to loads when I was in year 13/first year of uni. Best so far:

Muse Wembley Stadium and Bloc Party (+biffy clyro support), both in 07. good memories!

ReputationRep:
    My Chem
    They weren't as good as their last tour though :/

ReputationRep:
    seeing Elbow tomorrow. YES

ReputationRep:
    not been to many recently as lack of money but last yearai saw offspring in london and they were fantastic, as well as billy talent in sheffield who were great, apart from when a girl collapsed near the front and it took over an hour for the amulance to arrive, would have been even better without cancer bats though as iv seen them supporting about 3 times now and still dont like them.

this year i went to the kerrang tour last month which was brilliant (especially as i managed to get free poster, stickers, tour hat and tour shirt) and cant wait for download in june, first time going there and im pretty excited about it already :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    Going to see Belle and Sebastian in May. Woohoooo.
    Ahhh me too!! Roundhouse? I'm so excited, they're my favourite band ever, I saw them at Latitude last year and nearly died <3 Definitely the best band I've ever seen live, they invite people on stage to dance with them and everything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda:))
    Ahhh me too!! Roundhouse? I'm so excited, they're my favourite band ever, I saw them at Latitude last year and nearly died <3 Definitely the best band I've ever seen live, they invite people on stage to dance with them and everything!
    Yeah, at the Roundhouse! I can't wait...i love them so much and have never seen them live before so it should be AWESOME.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, Biffy Clyro tomorrow...can't wait!

Mon the Biff!

ReputationRep:
    I saw Pendulum a few years ago, seeing Take That at Cardiff ...

ReputationRep:
    Last year I saw 30 Seconds to Mars twice and went to the Kerrang Relentless tour, and I saw Biffy Clyro and Enter Shikari the year before. I'm thinking about going to Reading this year, but not sure on that one. The lineup looks awesome though.

ReputationRep:
    One gig I do want to go to this summer in July is in Milton Keynes.

Death Cab for Cutie and Biffy Clyro opening for the FOO FIGHTERS!!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.