Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls who try so hard to be a lad. Why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Whatever- guys are usually metrosexual anyway so you can talk :hand:

ReputationRep:
    OP you are so over traditional and your gender roles seem way too rigid. I hate it when guys call me babe. It's so patronising.

There is so much more to a woman than wearing a dress and giggling inanely.
    Just as there is so much more to being a man than puffing out your chest and swilling beer.

I'll carry on drinking pints of ale, saying the word '****' (rhyming with punt), calling my man beautiful and carry on wearing floral dresses and red lipstick at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    They're calling u man, dude, etc. Cos they're not interested in being anything other than friends. Get over yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    I swear American people don't speak like that?
    Are you American?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Well, don't we do the same? When we approach a group of friends composed of guys and girls, you say "Hey, guys".

UK: Nah you see, it ain't even like that man. I'm not tryna to be like a lad..So chill brah

American: Nahhhhhhhhhhh, ya see, it aint even like that bro. I be seein all these *****es flashing der underwear at my items. Aint tryna to insult yo family or be like a ***** .. so chill bro and run as far as you can and hide yo' kids, and hide yo' wife, cause' they raping everybody out 'ere.
    Corrected... but :wtf:??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    Are you American?
    Nope, but I have American friends, and your location says you're from USA. Gap year/uni in america?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    They're calling u man, dude, etc. Cos they're not interested in being anything other than friends. Get over yourself
    thats why i've had them asking me to go for a drink, go on a date, go for a meal, go cinema blah blah blah!

i told them no!

Im not doing any of that with a ladette thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... something tells me OP, that them saying "Lad", "Dude", "*****es", is not the reason that they aren't having sex with you.

NeedstosorthislifeoutLAD.

ReputationRep:
    You're jut jealous cos I can grab my crotch, wear my hat low like You.

ReputationRep:
    To try and make up for the fact that you're not trying hard enough to be a lad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Nope, but I have American friends, and your location says you're from USA. Gap year/uni in america?
    No I'm actually American. It's common to hear people talk like that around here. I do occasionally. lolz

(Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    thats why i've had them asking me to go for a drink, go on a date, go for a meal, go cinema blah blah blah!

i told them no!

Im not doing any of that with a ladette thank you!
    get over yourself dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    ever! just as I would expect a girl never to get with me for addressing her as *****!
    Does it not strike you there's a difference between calling someone a dude which has positive connotations and a ***** which err, doesn't.
    Would most women ever care if you said it in a light hearted way?

If you were a man then act like a man regardless of sexuality. If you are a woman then act like a woman regardless of sexuality.
    You can't act like your 'gender'. You can only act like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    They are easily influenced by Jessie J

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they are so idiotic. I met up with some friends for drinks the other day and one of the guys there's gf was on about how she loves going to strip clubs with guys. She was on about how she's been there with some of her banker friends and had a good time or whatever. My BFF and I just looked at her like :lolwut:.

News has it that her boyfriend dumped her today, I'm not surprised.

ReputationRep:
    I say dude and man all the time. If this puts a guy off, he's not the kind of guy I give a flying **** about getting to know anyway, so it works out.

Seriously, are you living in the Victorian era? Does my vernacular offend you?
    Then I shall of course immediately start wearing all pink and talk like the dizzy tarts on my facebook: "oh hey darlin u lukin gd bbz xxx"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    OP you are so over traditional and your gender roles seem way too rigid. I hate it when guys call me babe. It's so patronising.

There is so much more to a woman than wearing a dress and giggling inanely.
    Just as there is so much more to being a man than puffing out your chest and swilling beer.

I'll carry on drinking pints of ale, saying the word '****' (rhyming with punt), calling my man beautiful and carry on wearing floral dresses and red lipstick at the same time.
    I don't call girls babe. I call them beautiful if that is what I think of them.

You're the one generalising her. I never said women had to wear certain clothes or anything. Women can wear whatever they want, they can talk about what ever they want, what im talking about is addressing someone in an appropriate manner. Mannerisms in this country have gone down the pan.

Its just women cant still show authority and still be a woman without using such words, believe me. If im in a bar or a club, I'll instantly start speaking to women who drink out of wine glasses, cocktail glasses, vodka glasses who show a bit more class than just succumbing to the chavette norm that society wants!

I WANT A REAL WOMAN WHO SHOWS HER WOMANLY WAYS! GOD PUT A WOMAN ON THE EARTH TO ACT LIKE A WOMAN SO MEN WOULD BE ATTRACTED TO HER WOMANLY WAYS AND WANT TO GET UP ON IT!

that is all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    No I'm actually American. It's common to hear people talk like that around here. I do occasionally. lolz
    Fair enough, but rarely outside of certain areas in London does anyone actually say 'brah'. TSR isn't a good place if you're looking for real English slang...

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say, that the OP is criticising women for being manly, whereas his supposedly masculine username actually has one of those 'x', 'love marks' whatever you call them in. Real men don't put an 'x' in their messages.

ReputationRep:
    I say man and dude when I'm talking to some of my girl friends, I wouldn't say them in front of a guy though.

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of girl friends that say dude and man, i don't really care.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.