Turn on thread page Beta

Girls who try so hard to be a lad. Why? watch

ReputationRep:
    ..u mad bro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    Really? from your posh friends? that's pretty funny haha

and you'd think it's used by people on the west coast but I'm from the east and it's really popular here
    My posher friends when they are trying to mimick working class/slang-talking people haha.

Fair enough. East coast is better than west coast in every way anyway haha. Weather, music, people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    I say dude occasionally, but no-one says it that much anymore. I guess its out of fashion. Depends where you are in the country too I guess

And erm, classic paki mistake deleting your post. I've done it before haha
    i only started recently, dont even know why :lolwut:
    here in the country side everyone does :rolleyes: typical

and shhhhh :ninja: dont expose moi :lol:

ReputationRep:
    girls like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6M5C-oKw9k

i like girls who are feisty, get angry, can speak up for themselves, who are independent, etc. but not girls who like laddish things!

look how much class she shows off. girls like that are the bomb! i hate chavettes!

you go abroad, you see so many women act properly, puts this country to shame to be honest. they so classy, can't wait to leave once I got my degree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blush.ox)
    i only started recently, dont even know why :lolwut:
    here in the country side everyone does :rolleyes: typical

and shhhhh :ninja: dont expose moi :lol:
    Countryside? Countryside? Pakis=/=countryside. Pakis don't live in the countryside haha.

Yeah, it's like the whole 'smh' thing, I think it sounds stupid but I find myself saying/typing it occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    girls like this

i like girls who are feisty, get angry, can speak up for themselves, who are independent, etc. but not girls who like laddish things!

look how much class she shows off. girls like that are the bomb! i hate chavettes!

you go abroad, you see so many women act properly, puts this country to shame to be honest. they so classy, can't wait to leave once I got my degree!
    Ne-Yo is just a wannabe Usher.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Stop projecting your own insecurities onto other people. You be who you want to be and let them be who they want to be. They're the ones who have to die when it's time for them to die, so let them live their lives the way they want to.

ReputationRep:
    girls like this

:teehee:
    you know what? i quite like your 'views' in a weird, twisted way :lol: only because you can be bothered to go on about it to this length

Countryside? Countryside? Pakis=/=countryside. Pakis don't live in the countryside haha.

Yeah, it's like the whole 'smh' thing, I think it sounds stupid but I find myself saying/typing it occasionally.
    yeh countryside :/
    anoo right :lol: though its kinda cool being the only paki in my sixth form, feel all unique :rolleyes:

i think people are more likely to say whatever OP's on about on the net, rather than irl i guess :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    Stop projecting your own insecurities onto other people. You be who you want to be and let them be who they want to be. They're the ones who have to die when it's time for them to die, so let them live their lives the way they want to.
    how am i insecure?

i have a girlfriend, i've always had girlfriends who've acted like real women. I wont get involved with chavette girls thinking they're it. I want a woman who acts like a woman but is still independent, does her own thing, has ambitions, good career ideas, that feminine prowess etc!

Loads of men think it too, just too scared to say in case they get branded sexist. Well quite frankly, i dont care, im not sexist. I have a lot of respect for women and would never mistreat a woman and I respect them. Its just I wouldn't get involved with a chavette or a ladette.

do gooders do my head in.

Red tape! Red Tape! Freedom Of Speech! Equality Equality! Health and Safety! Blah Blah Blah!

What ever happened to common sense? This country is going down the pan in terms of economically, socially, and general quality of life.

Girls abroad act feminine and they're fine as hell. Can't wait to leave this ladette land.

ReputationRep:
    :teehee:
    you know what? i quite like your 'views' in a weird, twisted way :lol: only because you can be bothered to go on about it to this length

anoo right :lol: though its kinda cool being the only paki in my sixth form, feel all unique :rolleyes:

i think people are more likely to say whatever OP's on about on the net, rather than irl i guess :/
    Its because its true.

The greatest creation ever is a woman who acts like a real woman

ReputationRep:
    :

Haha, white girl then. Whitepaki=Wacky.

Yup. He'd probably get *****slapped twice if he said it irl, one from his best friend and one from any girl in the vicinity.

ReputationRep:
    Its because its true.

The greatest creation ever is a woman who acts like a real woman
    I don't understand what you mean by acting like a real woman. Because there is a lot of disagreement with what that means, it's going to cause confusion and assumption. That Ne-yo track doesnt help although I tried to see what you meant. The girls all look like barbies and are covered in slap. The only thing I got from that is you want someone who is very girly in appearance, who has ambition but has little much in terms of personality vibrancy.

Do you mean wearing skirts, make up and being very uber femme in appearance or do you mean being traditionally conservative and humble (almost invisible) with the way she conducts herself.

Not liking laddish things. What are laddish things?

Drinking games? Banter?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, why do girls, whether it be on facebook, via text messaging or in person, now often use male sayings such as lad, man, dude, brother.

Why do you use such sayings?

Don't you think its manly to say ' hey man, i'll catch you later because im off out. Speak later dude' I get this off girls all the time on facebook and its an instant turn off. It usually leads to the instant 'remove from friends' moment!

Women call each other their *****es or whatever else they say. If I were to say 'hey *****, you okay?' you'd be livid with it! so why do you now all of a sudden think you're a bunch of Jessie J's who can 'do it like a dude'?

Im not even trolling. I would never get with a woman who addressed me as lad, ever! just as I would expect a girl never to get with me for addressing her as *****!

i'll call a girl gorgeous, i'll call her beautiful, i'll call her precious, or whatever else I want to call her but the moment she says dude or lad im just like o.O

Seriously, one of the most attractive things about a woman is when she acts feminine but all I see in Britain these days 9/10 is women who want to act like men. Constantly swear, act like lads, speak like lads. What is the world coming to? We got women acting like lads and then men like Alex Reid trying to be women. FML!

Im also not against gays or lesbians or bisexuals because thats natural. If you were a man then act like a man regardless of sexuality. If you are a woman then act like a woman regardless of sexuality.

Why?
    I don't care if a guy says to me 'hey *****, you ok?'...As long as i actually know them quite well lol(likewise for females)...it's a friendly thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaalou)
    confused how you can say only certain genders can use certain words
    Quite easily really, he just did. What are you confused about?

referring to someone as "dude" is hardly trying to be a lad

No it's not, but it makes you sound fuc*ing stupid so don't say it.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, white girl then. Whitepaki=Wacky.

Yup. He'd probably get *****slapped twice if he said it irl, one from his best friend and one from any girl in the vicinity.
    hardly, didnt live here all my life :rolleyes: thankgod :ninja:
    and wacky? noooice i like that and im stealing it simply cuz i havent heard it before xD

Lol and i'd love to know what his gf would say, curious :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buxtons)
    Quite easily really, he just did. What are you confused about?

No it's not, but it makes you sound fuc*ing stupid so don't say it.

just think it's stupid to say certain words are "lad" words
    who's really that arsed. if you don't like
    someones speech bore off and don't speak to them. and
    I'm actual fact what makes you sound "stupid" is moaning about it on here

ReputationRep:
    hardly, didnt live here all my life :rolleyes: thankgod :ninja:
    and wacky? noooice i like that and im stealing it simply cuz i havent heard it before xD

Lol and i'd love to know what his gf would say, curious :lol:
    Haha I've been moved around a lot too, though been in current place for... nearly 9 years now, thank god. Before that, it was an achievement to stay more than a year in one place. I've always used it as an explanation for being a loner (jk), that I never had chance to develop any personal skills when I was a kid cause I never made any friends cause we were always moving.

You can steal it, I think you'd get slapped if you say it haha, I just made it up now.

And dont worry, OP doesn't have a gf.

ReputationRep:
    I say dude, but I don't act typically masculine. What's wrong with saying "dude"? :/ Honestly I'd like to know.

And for another thing, I hope you don't think males and females should adhere to their own gender personality or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I don't understand what you mean by acting like a real woman. Because there is a lot of disagreement with what that means, it's going to cause confusion and assumption. That Ne-yo track doesnt help although I tried to see what you meant. The girls all look like barbies and are covered in slap. The only thing I got from that is you want someone who is very girly in appearance, who has ambition but has little much in terms of personality vibrancy.

Do you mean wearing skirts, make up and being very uber femme in appearance or do you mean being traditionally conservative and humble (almost invisible) with the way she conducts herself.

Not liking laddish things. What are laddish things?
    its hard to explain

just a woman who acts like a woman.

a bit of both. a woman can wear what she wants

I like women who are not in your face trying to attention seek. The most attractive girls are the ones who just relax around a table, few glasses of wine or cocktails, have a conversation about something intellectual etc.

I'd take a woman like that any day over a woman whos at the bar, swearing, trying to be one of the lads and getting rounds of pints in. Nothing against them, they are who they are but I just wont ever find them attractive because I personally find feminine behaviour very attractive.

these girls have class

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5...mlbho1_500.jpg

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0...=1186687731000

cant stand chavs.

ReputationRep:
    why cant i call a woman then a *****, in a banter like way, as girls do to each other when they're messing about?
    For the same reason you can't call a black guy ******, you idiot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.