The Student Room Group

Bad hangovers

Does anyone else get really bad hangovers? Mine are so bad that I just feel terrible and definitely not like any social interaction at all. I just tend to hide away in my room.. oh and I feel really depressed. My mates seem to handle them better than me so is this really rare or..?

Scroll to see replies

lol i do however i normally have them then have to go to work severly hungover. then i dont eat anything for a couple of hours and then i get the serious munchies :biggrin: im always really thirsty too :biggrin:
Reply 2
I sometimes completely die when I'm hungover and just don't leave my bed, depending on what I've drunk I think. Sometimes I wake up sparkling which is always a bonus :smile:
Reply 3
i cant lie in bed when im hungover, no matter which side i lie on i just feel sick so i have to get up, cup of tea saves the day!
Reply 4
Not me personally, but I know someone who passed out, pissed himself, **** himself (yes, you read that right), vomitted and spat everywhere.
Reply 5
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
I sometimes completely die when I'm hungover and just don't leave my bed, depending on what I've drunk I think. Sometimes I wake up sparkling which is always a bonus :smile:

If I wake up sparkling, it's because I'm still drunk!

miss_sporty
lol i do however i normally have them then have to go to work severly hungover. then i dont eat anything for a couple of hours and then i get the serious munchies im always really thirsty too

Wow I reall don't know how you work when hanging
Reply 6
I used to get rid of hangovers by downing a shot of vodka. Strangely enough it works.
I very rarely get hangovers!! If I get one then its normally just a headache which is solved by a quick walk and some painkillers! :smile:
Reply 8
I never ever got hangovers, but for the last few months I do every time I drink even a little bit too much :sad: The worst thing is I puke all morning as well, which means I can't really go out for fear of chundering everywhere... usually better by 1/2pm, though.
Wow I reall don't know how you work when hanging

lol nor me :P i have gone into work still drunk thats horrible, i just look busy all day then crawl into bed when i get home
I usually get ok hangover depending on how much I drink. As gross as it sounds, I usually just get little burps, that aren't even loud. I kinda feel sickly but then I burp as I'm ok again.. :biggrin:

Although recentely I mixed drinks and I woke up with the worst hangover ever. I even gave up drinking for now.. maybe until next month but never playing touch cup..
I was dead, spent the entire day sleeping, seriously. I tried to eat but felt so bad I went back to bed. After 4 naps, I managed to eat noodle soup, then went back to bed.

I guess everyone is different.
Lots of water before bed, even food before and after too if you remember.
Reply 11
try milk thistles before you start drinking and after :smile:
Reply 12
Lightweights.
Reply 13
For you lot saying no hangovers, are you young, say <20 by chance? This might be what's going on here!
Your easiest option would be not to drink. But if you want to avoid it and still get really drunk just don't drink wine, super sugary drinks or mix your drinks. Also drink a lot of water before bed.
I down icy cold water as soon as I wake up, works a treat. I still feel a little dodgy during the day but it gets rid of the nauseau, headache and feverish parts, which are the bits I don't get on too well with.
Reply 16
I find I only really feel bad if I mooch around in my room all day after feeling sorry for myself! If I get up, shower, eat, then do something productive I tend to feel okay :smile:
Reply 17
When I do when I get back in after a night out:

1)Have something to eat, so your body is not just absorbing a nights worth of booze

2)Drink as much water as you can! Dehydration is a huge factor of hangovers, so drink water help prevent it. I usually have a big bottle of water next to my bed in case I wake up in the night or have proper dry mouth in the morning

3)I usually try to plan my next morning before I go out, eg set up clothes, know I have quick an easy food to make for breakfast. Less effort in the morning = less stress / having to move when hungover

4)Get as much sleep as you can!

5)Try to avoid painkillers sure they help your headache but I am fairly sure you are just punching your liver on a chemical level in the morning lol

Doing all that I usually feel kinda fresh!
Reply 18
Original post by emeleh
I find I only really feel bad if I mooch around in my room all day after feeling sorry for myself! If I get up, shower, eat, then do something productive I tend to feel okay :smile:

That may well be the best advice in this thread, but so much easier said than done given a hangover makes me feel like being completely unproductive! It's a viscious cycle I tells ya.
Reply 19
Force a pint of water down your throat with some ibuprofen before you go to bed.

May wake up in the night for a piss but it works a treat!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending