Turn on thread page Beta

Middle east? oh dear watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what do think of the current situation in the middle east? Iraq is a problem on its own with america wanting to hold elections later in the year in order to get stability. In the arab vs Isreali conflict is on going and has been made worse by the buliding of the concrete wall which divides comunities. mean while the plidge of the kurds in the north of iraq and southern turkey is still growing espicallay since they now will expect support from the US after helping the US to defeat Saddam, in their fight for an independant government. Another more general issue is terroism in general. do u have any views at to who is to blame for this mess? what should be done to sort it out?

ReputationRep:
    the americans should read the koran and the muslims should read the bible

ReputationRep:
    i think the issue might be a little more complex than that, it also assumes the americans care what other people think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    the americans should read the koran and the muslims should read the bible
    and then........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    and then........
    either a conflict will ensue about what they hate about the religious texts they've studied or we might see them converting... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    i think the issue might be a little more complex than that, it also assumes the americans care what other people think
    i know that lol, but it would be a good start to understand peoples starting points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    either a conflict will ensue about what they hate about the religious texts they've studied or we might see them converting... :eek:
    But why should religion be involved. Why should it be a bloody issue?! If you morons believe God sent religions down surely you believe he wanted you to pursue it peace!

ReputationRep:
    I mean She. I believe God is a She...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.