Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is for people that rocks having 4 A's at AS level (sorry, not MORE as in the title)

1. Do you make your own revision notes to revise or use the text book throughout your study time?

2. Take for example OCR A2 Biology, its a "big" spec, do you make notes for every topic.

3. What advice you can give relating to revision notes?

ReputationRep:
    1. I use the textbook and answer any summary questions etc, and then check I've got it right - if not, I go back and check I understand where I went wrong.
    2. I make notes in every topic for AQA Chemistry, but these are usually done in class and then backed up in spare time with the above
    3. I don't really make revision notes, I concentrate on past papers and where I go wrong in past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rangu2011)
    This is for people that rocks having 4 A's at AS level (sorry, not MORE as in the title)

1. Do you make your own revision notes to revise or use the text book throughout your study time?

2. Take for example OCR A2 Biology, its a "big" spec, do you make notes for every topic.

I did 5 AS levels and got 4 A's.

1) both +more
    2) yes

3) its not about revision notes. It has to stay in your head. And you need to understand what you learning and be able to use it.

ReputationRep:
    1. I basically copy out the revision guide near the exams and revise from my notes. I go through the main text books and my classnotes as well to see if theres anything that the revision guide didn't cover.

2. Yes.

3. I personally will revise much more effectivley from my own writing then big colourful diagrams. You need to find what works best for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rangu2011)

1) I make my own revision notes using the textbook/everything we've done in class. The way I remember best is by repeatedly writing things out by hand (not typing) then reading over it and trying to write it out again without looking.

2) Yeah, notes for every topic and subtopic then organise them accordingly. I can't see how else you could do it - you need to know everything on the spec which includes all of the topics.

3) It's hard to give somebody else advice because everyone works differently. Some people would hate way I do it and maybe prefer just to jot down key points briefly, while I write detailed notes/paragraphs. Once I feel I've memorised all the notes, I always do some exam questions/essays to make sure I can use them effectively under timed conditions.
    Also, mine are all arts subjects so I don't know how well my 'technique' would work with maths/sciences.

ReputationRep:
    I use books/ the internet rather than notes I've taken in class, on the basis that my teachers tend to miss stuff out.
    Then, I copy notes out on everything as part of my revision. Just because writing things down helps me remember; I don't actually read through them again.

ReputationRep:
    1. I make my own revision notes which varies from flashcards for economics to basically summarising the whole text book for history.
    2. I learned the hard way: cover everything. Don't skip topics.
    3. The important thing is to make learning active, not passive. Never copy out stuff from the textbooks, always shorten and reword it and never just sit there reading notes.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.