Turn on thread page Beta

How to go about organising a charity event watch

ReputationRep:
    So yeah its been a year since my m8 passed away, and I wanan do something for charity for the people who helped him. How exactly do you go about organising it?

ReputationRep:
    Well figure out what you wanna do, how you are going to fund it and how you are going to make money (Sell tickets? Auction/raffle? Sponsors?). Then just, um, go ahead and organise it. If its for a particular charity you might want to writ to them and tell them what you are planning. I' sure they'd be happy to hear it and might be able to send some free publicity your way as well.

ReputationRep:
    If it's for a particular charity then write to them and ask for leaflets and stickers. Decide how you want to raise the money and when, where etc. Then advertise like crazy on facebook. Try to plan in advance because you may need permission to use certain rooms/buildings etc. Try and get a friend or two to help you with the promotions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RahRah09)
    If it's for a particular charity then write to them and ask for leaflets and stickers. Decide how you want to raise the money and when, where etc. Then advertise like crazy on facebook. Try to plan in advance because you may need permission to use certain rooms/buildings etc. Try and get a friend or two to help you with the promotions.
    Cool yeah got it mainly sorted out, doing a run/ triatholon

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.