Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you need a fashion degree to go into fashion? If you don't I would do a science degree so you still have both options at the end. If you do a fashion degree you won't get a science related job. The only way I can think to link the two is by doing Chemistry and then going into makeup development.

(Original post by minimalme)
    sorry, did I miss something, was I meant to post a diatribe for your enjoyment?

on a less *****y note, my father runs the materials course at QMUL.
    Have a nice day.

(Original post by Stasiaxx)
    Have a nice day.
    well that was a bit weird.

I'm pretty sure I sawe a poster on a bus about this once.
    It had a picture of some hot babe on it with tonz of labels coming out from her like "design make-up that never smudges" and it had something to do with her lipstick.. I think.

But then it had a similar poster next to it, with a snail on it, with a label coming out of its mouth saying "design a mouthpiece so that snails can communicate with you!" so I laughed and moved on.

~how exciting.

(Original post by alex.k)
    Bit of an odd question but can anyone think of a way to combine these two, im intrested in sciences, mainly bioligy and chemistry, but also have a passion for makeup, fashion and modelling

any ideas on how to combine the two and also on how to get qualifications or summer course on the fashion/beauty side of things ?
    Have a look at the School of Materials at Manchester University.

The answer's staring you right in the face!
    Borrow Hermione's 'Time Turner' then you can be a biologist/chemist/fashionista
    See, there's always a solution to every problem *gives a good ol' swing of the arm*
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.