Turn on thread page Beta

How do I let him know I like him? watch

ReputationRep:
    So there's this boy, let's call him Neil. I've known him for years, and I can honestly say he is the nicest boy I have ever met in my life. He's sweet and considerate, and would never set out to hurt someone. He was in a relationship for two and a half years but that ended last year, and since then he has been in a few relationships but nothing serious.

We have a very playful relationship, but he is like this with all his girl friends really. He often gropes me or whatever. So when he is like that, how can I show him that I think I like him as more than a friend? I see him everyday at college, and we hang out in a big group.

ReputationRep:
    Well, grope him back! And if you find yourselves alone then ask him out for coffee or drinks or something, isn't that how most people go about it these days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    So there's this boy, let's call him Neil. I've known him for years, and I can honestly say he is the nicest boy I have ever met in my life. He's sweet and considerate, and would never set out to hurt someone. He was in a relationship for two and a half years but that ended last year, and since then he has been in a few relationships but nothing serious.

We have a very playful relationship, but he is like this with all his girl friends really. He often gropes me or whatever. So when he is like that, how can I show him that I think I like him as more than a friend? I see him everyday at college, and we hang out in a big group.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    But he wouldn't think groping would show I like him cos it's just how he rolls. Also, I don't have a lot of confidence!

ReputationRep:
    But he wouldn't think groping would show I like him cos it's just how he rolls. Also, I don't have a lot of confidence!
    Does he hug you when he says goodbye? If so hold on for longer than usual. Little things like that. Hell even kiss him ! :P

ReputationRep:
    'I like you'.

Rocket science it is not.

ReputationRep:
    My friend decided to play matchmaker and told him..Good thing he thinks I'm attractive or whatever. Maybe have a friend to do the same for you but only one that you trust..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    'I like you'.

Rocket science it is not.
    That would be great I Was an appealing person but i and very likely to be rejected because of my fatness, ugliness, and general not niceness

Sounds like Neil puts the 'sex' back into sexual predator.

ReputationRep:
    That would be great I Was an appealing person but i and very likely to be rejected because of my fatness, ugliness, and general not niceness
    bored of seeing people say they're ugly. bet you aren't at all
    just go for it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ritchie888)
    Sounds like Neil puts the 'sex' back into sexual predator.
    No he's lovely! He does it in a way which makes you feel comforted, not creeped out!

ReputationRep:
    Sex.

No he's lovely! He does it in a way which makes you feel comforted, not creeped out!
    Groping comforts you?

Sounds like you have major issues

ReputationRep:
    flash ya baps

ReputationRep:
    "Niel. I like you."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaalou)
    bored of seeing people say they're ugly. bet you aren't at all
    just go for it!!
    You should see my nose. It's actually disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ritchie888)
    Groping comforts you?

Sounds like you have major issues
    No I just mean he does it in a friendly way not a threatening way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    My friend decided to play matchmaker and told him..Good thing he thinks I'm attractive or whatever. Maybe have a friend to do the same for you but only one that you trust..?
    yesssssss this. Get a mutual friend (shouldn't be hard since your in a group) that you trust, confide in them and get them to try and stealthly find out. Or even ask for their opinion. Signals are often quite obvious to an outside observer.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to tell my friends because last time I told them I liked someone it turned out he liked one of my friends and i was very embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    Get em out, put em in his hand and cry, he should get the hint.....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.