Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    Basically I don't know what to do. I have recieved all rejections from my 4 UAL choices and have not applied to a 5th choice.
    I am doing a foundation degree and now do not know what my next step would be, as I really want to go to university this year.
    My course applied for is BA graphic design/ digital media communications.
    If anyone could offer any advice on what steps I could take now, it would be very much appreciated, as I am very lost right now on what I can do.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think you should use your 5th choice. Don't lose hope, but you should maybe apply to another university. If you are interested in staying in London have a look at Ravensbourne or UCA or even Middlesex.

Hope that is helpful! Don't give up though!

ReputationRep:
    which ual unis did you apply for? I am still waiting for replies from camberwell and chlesea, sent off portfolios already. you have till 30th june to add a 5th choice make sure the uni you are considering are still going to take late applications though. and if you have used all 5 choices and recceived no offers you cna do ucas extra, gices you a chance to pick a diffrent course, etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSeriousOne)
    Hi guys
    Basically I don't know what to do. I have recieved all rejections from my 4 UAL choices and have not applied to a 5th choice.
    I am doing a foundation degree and now do not know what my next step would be, as I really want to go to university this year.
    If anyone could offer any advice on what steps I could take now, it would be very much appreciated, as I am very lost right now on what I can do.
    Thanks
    I know how you feel i already received two rejections from UAL so not holding my breath for the 3rd one. But i did use my fifth choice. As the others said you can still use your fifth choice, then ucas extra and then clearing. theres still a few a unis in london that do GD and a few outside london (some a short train away). Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxsaraxx7)
    I know how you feel i already received two rejections from UAL so not holding my breath for the 3rd one. But i did use my fifth choice. As the others said you can still use your fifth choice, then ucas extra and then clearing. theres still a few a unis in london that do GD and a few outside london (some a short train away). Good luck
    hi i also applied to two UAL unis which ones did you pick, im still waiting for replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisCantBeChanged)
    hi i also applied to two UAL unis which ones did you pick, im still waiting for replies
    I applied to chelsea,csm and camberwell and just received my last rejection. dont know if i should bother whether to ask for a feedback or not.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to chelsea,csm and camberwell and just received my last rejection. dont know if i should bother whether to ask for a feedback or not.
    i also applied to camberwell and chelsea, when did they get back to you? I think you should ask for feedback, did they just say portfolio not too standard, because I know some people in my class who had rejections from UAL without even submitting a portfolio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisCantBeChanged)
    i also applied to camberwell and chelsea, when did they get back to you? I think you should ask for feedback, did they just say portfolio not too standard, because I know some people in my class who had rejections from UAL without even submitting a portfolio.
    I submitted a mini portfolio for both of them, the deadline being 28th feb. i just received track update chesleas unsuccessful came 10days ago and camberwells today so i assume mines not up to standard cuz they did see samples of my work.

ReputationRep:
    I submitted a mini portfolio for both of them, the deadline being 28th feb. i just received track update chesleas unsuccessful came 10days ago and camberwells today so i assume mines not up to standard cuz they did see samples of my work.
    my mini portfolio for camberwell was only sent last week cos of an application error, i hope this doesnt delay the process good luck with your other choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSeriousOne)
    Hi guys
    Thanks
    explore the strange wonderful world we live in, go traveling and reapply next year

ReputationRep:
    where did you guys do your foundation year too?

UAL or local colleges or elsewhere?

Or did you not do a foundation?

ReputationRep:
    hi,

if you got rejections then maybe you just need to re work your online portfolio a bit before you apply for your 5th choice? then you stand a better chance of getting to the next stage, mine was weak to start out with so i did some work specifically for my app, i only got my interview date for camberwell yesterday.
    this is my portfolio i sent them if you wanna take a look : http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukepricegraphics/page1

UAL are really hard to get into so i wouldnt beat yourself up about it, have a year out do something exciting, i'm only starting my degree in sept and i'm 21 you've got loadsa time

ReputationRep:
    Try to apply as an late applicant or take a gap year and try again the next year. If you feel you're going to apply now just because you are completly desperate and don't really want to enter the university you're applying for, just go for a gap year. You'll eventually save money, resources and have time to build a better portfolio.

ReputationRep:
    To be quite honest if you've been rejected 4 times from UAL is that not telling you something ?

You must surely have done some research - been to the shows to see what type of work they are looking for ? They are looking for your potential and how you are thinking. If you have been at school and they have not told you about this then you have been seriously misinformed.

You could do one of the portfolio preparation courses run by UAL as they will get you the type of folio they are looking for - bear in mind all colleges are different. You have to pay for them but if you really want to go there they can get you in.

I would suggest a complete reassessment of your folio and get some advice on it as it may just be a presentation issue

Good luck anyway

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.