Turn on thread page Beta

Non-smokers, have you ever tried a cigarette? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuzu)
    The average man on the street will smoke tobacco just because it's much more accessible than marijuana, but of course you knew that. :rolleyes:
    haha yeah meant it hypothetically :P Easy to get, but pointless to smoke :P

ReputationRep:
    used to smoke, then about a year ago realised it wasnt 'cool' not to mention the fact that it was seriously eating away at my bank balance! been smoke free for 6 months now and its a good feeling

ReputationRep:
    I tried it, LIKED IT dont do it cos its stupid

Cigars on the other hand

ReputationRep:
    Have had several rollies over the last few years, and not particularly seen the appeal. The last one was without a filter, and felt a bit too burny in my lungs.

ReputationRep:
    When I was drunk I had one basically shoved in my mouth, didn't like it, even when I was blind drunk it hurt my throat.

ReputationRep:
    yep, didnt feel anything and thought it tasted horrible.

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Nope never have I value my lungs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    Yeah i tried it, i couldn't see what all the hype was. I smoked it because apparently it helps you drink alcohol

lol how can it help you drink alcohol?!? the only thing that can help you drink alcohol is a cup, your hand, and the movement of the cup to your mouth.

ReputationRep:
    No and never will

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    yep a few times, i got a buzz which was sort of exciting but it tasted horrible and made my hands and clothes smell. the last time i did though was around christmas, when it was dark and cold and it was the first time i'd had a whole one to myself and anyway it was dark so i'm not sure if i accidently smoked some of the bit at the end your not supposed to smoke or what. but as soon as i got back inside my head started to spin, i ended fainting then throwing up all over the floor and spending the rest of the day in bed with a splitting headache so needless to say i have not smoked again since that unpleasant experience

ReputationRep:
    I have a few times when wasted.

No idea why. I'm well aware it does nothing for me.

ReputationRep:
    Never have, after a while you dont even get a buzz from it, your just smoking it because if you dont you feel terrible so whats the point, all it is is wasting your money and killing yourself, i really dont see the appeal, and it stinks to high heaven.

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't. Mostly due to the fact that if I even get a whiff of cigarette smoke I have an asthma attack.

ReputationRep:
    I tried it, I don't get the appeal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burgergetsbored)
    Why smoke tobacco when you can smoke something much less dangerous and more interesting known as marijuana
    It's true, there's no deaths from weed. It also helps with the laughter, but then after a while you lose it altogether and start talking about cosmos and ****. I've seen that happen to tons of people after too much weed in one session lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, tried it for the first time when I was 16 I think. I'd already had quite a lot to drink and all I remember is that I really didn't like the taste. Did try again though about a year later, again whilst drinking, and it wasn't too bad. Not especially nice, but not bad either. Since then I'll very occasionally (<once a month) have one if I'm out at a pub and I'm offered one, but I'm certainly not a smoker. Basically I don't seem to get anything from it, and, with the prices the way they are, I'm not gonna start for social reasons.

ReputationRep:
    I tried a drag without the intention of taking it up... just to see what it was like. Made me cough lots.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.