Turn on thread page Beta

Non-smokers, have you ever tried a cigarette? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, on about three separate occasions. It wasn't bad, but to be totally honest I wasn't sure if I was even doing it right I just decided that it wasn't worth risking all the unpleasant side effects and health concerns for something that was just a 'not bad' sensation.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i tried once & i started coughing like mad .. seriously i got all chocked up and felt like i was gunna die .. i suppose the smoke went through the wrong windpipe .. cos i didnt actually get to blow any smoke out.. yeahh .. hard times i know lol

- oh yeah .. then i had a nice buzz afterwards lol, good stuff ey'

ReputationRep:
    I vaguely remember having one drag on one when I was in a park and about 12. Lol.

I've tried weed a fair few times, but on't see the attraction of ciggies, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximilliano)
    I assume from your phrasing that you are a smoker, may I ask you as to what the allures behind smoking are? I for one never saw the reasoning behind it.
    So enlighten me! you smoky devil ;D
    I'm not the OP, but I imagine that one of them is that it's pretty sexy to be referred to as a smoky devil

ReputationRep:
    No :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Thought it was **** and immediately went inside and brushed my teeth about 5 times to try and get rid of the foul taste.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, socially at parties. It's mehh. There's nothing special about it. Not good for your breath or complexion, but it can be socially awkward at times not to smoke.

ReputationRep:
    I tried it once. I didn't really see the appeal and I'm not sure if I was doing it properly tbh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No, never.
    No intention to change that.

ReputationRep:
    no, it's not something that i've ever really wanted to do... too scared of getting hooked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unbornvoices)
    yes i dont see the point its just meh.... love the ganja tho
    This is so true.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Like many children, I was curious about it. My mum in her wisdom decided to kill the curiousity quickly. She gave me a cigarette and said breath in... I had a coughing fit for about five minutes and never toughed them again

ReputationRep:
    Nah, although I have had shisha once or twice when very drunk. My parents have successfully put me off smoking cigarettes for life, at the price of near chain-smoking and throwing thousands of pounds down the drain themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Never have and never will. Spend a fortune on something that is addictive, dirty and enormously unhealthy? No thanks! Besides, my career depends on having a large lung capacity and excellent breathing (as a woodwind teacher), so to start smoking would be detrimental to my life as well as being completely pointless. Also, my husband absolutely detests the smell, and I'm slightly asthmatic. I love the smell of cigarette smoke, curiously enough, but will never try it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I have, the smell is disgusting and that's enough to deter me.

The detrimental affects to your health aren't that attractive, either! :dry:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mmm...

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I passive smoke other thing but I personally wouldn't choose to smoke myself. A waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    nope, and never intend to tbh!

ReputationRep:
    Twice, both when drunk and both of my own accord - no peer pressure for me, just curiosity! Tbh I can't remember much about the actual smoking, seemed ok but nothing special.

ReputationRep:
    I have, happened like three times always when i seem drunk

ReputationRep:
    no

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.