Turn on thread page Beta

Non-smokers, have you ever tried a cigarette? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yep, makes me relaxed and gives a light buzz. But the negatives outweigh the postives, espcially for me as I have asthma.

ReputationRep:
    Nope and never will...just being around it makes me hack...I had to be away from my ex when he smoked. The taste on his lips was kind of weird, but the smell of the smoke oddly suited him. /shrug

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raving_Hippy)
    Have any non-smokers here ever tried a cigarette? What did you think of it?
    Yeah and they were nice to have every once in a while. But they just weren't worth the cost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustMee)
    I do have the occasional toke or two, but I've never had an urge to smoke tobacco. To me the horrible taste/smell is not worth the 30 seconds of light headedness. I much prefer a fat zoot tbh
    mmmmmmm Zoooooot
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    yes, was drunk and curious. now back to 100% loathing the death sticks that took my granddad from me

ReputationRep:
    Yes, quite a few times actually. If I'm with a group of friends, and there is person who I haven't met (who happens to offer me a cigarette whilst inebriated), I'll accept the majority of the time.

I realise 'social smokers' are met with the most immense anathema (if going off of this forum us anything to be considered), though I don't do it often enough to be considered one. Plus I don't give a **** anyway.

And last month (if anyone remembers the thread), I started smoking a pipe occasionally. It's more the experience and novelty of it than the smoking, though.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried it quite a few times, its been quite soothing when I was angry, it made me feel light headed and stuff, but it just tastes ****!! I wouldn't do it on a regular basis.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yes I've tried 1 cigarette (when I was 14) and 1 roll-up (when I was 17). Both were disgusting. I don't understand how people, after trying one, feel the urge to have another, because I really didn't!

ReputationRep:
    Hell no. I'd never try a cigarette. I really don't see the point in them, the few advantages (relaxing, smirting) are totally cancelled out by the countless disadvantages.

It's just a really stupid thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    No and I don't intend to. I don't need to know the effects first hand to know it's no good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I have. I've even smoked a few. But I don't smoke, really. Maybe one every month?

_Kar.

Have tried it, but am not a smoker. Feels quite good the first couple of time I guess, but the aftertaste and lingering smell puts me off.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Plus it killed my Grandmother

ReputationRep:
    I have not. As far as I know it kills me and costs money so why he even start no postives from what i can see

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a couple of times, it was pretty meh - the only thing that really worried me was the smell - I was really concious of the fact I smelt of smoke (even though I didn't much really...)

ReputationRep:
    No I havent and I never will.

ReputationRep:
    Dozens. They start off tasting awful and slowly get worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeleh)
    No. And don't plan to either Inhaling passively cause a smoker friend is next to you is bad enough.. urgh.
    Completely agree! Never tried one and don't plan to either

ReputationRep:
    Just picked up on something, a few people have mentioned that it is horrible at the start and then gets better, and have questioned why people do it. But isn't alcohol the same? The same with many other hobbies/foods/drinks/experiences in life that get better over time. Whilst I don't support smoking I feel it is a weak argument, so stop using it!

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I don't smoke [probably] is the health thing and the fact I'm a wuss.

I absolutely adore the smell and taste of cigarettes [boyfriend occasionally smokes roll ups and they're so good] and have just taken some into my mouth, but never inhaled properly. As awful as it is, I would like to, just to say I've done it, but I'm terrified I'll enjoy it and get addicted, which is something I don't want. I want to be able to 'smoke' per se, but without the addiction, because truly, I love the taste and the smell, but it's just the health risks.

I am incredibly weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunky x)
    The only reason I don't smoke [probably] is the health thing and the fact I'm a wuss.

I absolutely adore the smell and taste of cigarettes [boyfriend occasionally smokes roll ups and they're so good] and have just taken some into my mouth, but never inhaled properly. As awful as it is, I would like to, just to say I've done it, but I'm terrified I'll enjoy it and get addicted, which is something I don't want. I want to be able to 'smoke' per se, but without the addiction, because truly, I love the taste and the smell, but it's just the health risks.

I am incredibly weird.
    It seems weird that people who don't smoke could adore the smell and taste of cigarettes.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.