Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Non-smokers, have you ever tried a cigarette? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yes, on various occasions. There is something a little therapeutic about smoking and the social aspect of it on an evening out can be a lot of fun. On the other hand, there is something profoundly revolting about smoking that involves one stinking of stale tobacco, inhaling poison and effectively burning good money. Fine very occasionally is how I might describe it, but the prospect of taking it up as a habit doesn't remotely appeal to me.

ReputationRep:
    I have never done so. I never intend to neither. Smoking just isn't my thing I guess. I can't stand the passive smell of it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my friend used to smoke BH Gold and I tried them a few times, it wasn't bad but I wasn't really bothered. It was a few years a go anyway. A bit of a buzz.

Last Friday I had a bit of a friend's Mayfair and that really was awful. It just tasted of chemicals and nothing else. Not Good.

ReputationRep:
    I have never smoked in my life. I have a few friends who are struggling to quit and I figured, the best way to quit is to never start in the first place.

A few times I have wondered what it felt like etc, mild curiosity but then I remember curiosity killed the cat so I have no intention of ever smoking.

i have tried it, and i really liked it but then i never bought a packet it was always my friends offering but now i would not! the smell makes me get a headache...

ReputationRep:
    I really need to stop smoking, my throats clogged up with mucus and phlegm half of the time. A 2 week detox usually sorts it out for me.

ReputationRep:
    Tried it when I was younger.

ReputationRep:
    no. and wouldn't want to

ReputationRep:
    tried one once............... ended up choking ...

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't want to try it either.

ReputationRep:
    Had a pack on a veryyy drunk night out. Woke up with a horrible taste in my mouth and didn't do it again..not even sure where the pack came from

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have quite a few times. I never picked up the habit though.
    Although i do get high most weekends.....

ReputationRep:
    It seems like a lot of so called 'non smokers' like to smoke the odd cig on a night out.

ReputationRep:
    No, and I don't plan to. Ever.

What's the point? It costs money and it f**** your lungs up.

ReputationRep:
    No, not once. Never even been tempted.

ReputationRep:
    I gave up smoking almost three months ago, had previously smoked for around 20 years!!.Good Luck to all of those trying to give up, if I can do it anyone can.

ReputationRep:
    I always ask smokers 'Why do you smoke?'

9/10 of them can't give me an answer

ReputationRep:
    Yes only once and I really didn't like it. Personally, I think smoking is buying bad health.

ReputationRep:
    No, and I have no intention of doing so.

ReputationRep:
    A few times, yeah, but I much preferred the green.

I am not a cigarette smoker, full stop. I try not to smoke the green, but I'm not vehemently against it.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.