The Student Room Group

17 and engaged...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Get in there, worth a punt
Fella I know, got engaged, 17, first girlfriend, she's dumped him for a woman, and kept the ring :shakeshead: what a ****.
Wait till you're older don't ruin your life
Original post by Anonymous
I was engaged when I was 17 too (in 2009)... best relationship ever... but we broke up mid 2010. :frown: I genuinely thought we'd be together forever, like the engagement set it in stone that it would actually last & we would always be together, in comparison to an average boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Guess not :'(

:frown:
What happened, if you don't mind me asking????
Reply 64
Original post by nulli tertius
My grandmother was a war widow expecting her first child at 17.

And?

My granddad was working in a mine at the age of 14.
Original post by Teveth
And?

My granddad was working in a mine at the age of 14.

And both these facts put into some perspective comments that people are too young.

And that doesn't mean I would wish any of your family down a coal mine any more than I wish mine slaughtered on the western front.
If that's what you want then go for it, just make sure you can handle the consequences though.
Reply 67
I would say 17 is too young. I certainly wouldn't approve of any hypothetical child of mine getting married at that age.
Original post by Georgiahoneybee
Are you asking a question with that or just announcing it?

Good question.
Okay, may your marriage last longer than 15 days.
Amen.
Original post by mathsmad
... 17 and engaged to someone i really love...

ahh young love, i bet you 6 months. otherwise i wish you good luck and have a lovely life together.

oh dear.. *facepalms*
What are you expecting us to say OP? You put a question mark in your title but made a statement in the post :s-smilie:.
Good luck.
¡felicidades!
Now you've really gone and made me feel old!
U MAD
You could be a grandparent by the time you're 34.
Whats the rush OP? Fine if youre in love but why do you need to get married now? Why not wait until youve been together longer and are sure its what you both want? Plus the older you are the more serious people will take you, and the more exciting it will be rather than just a battle trying to prove you know what you are doing.
it will either be the best decision you ever made your the worse! i got engaged at 16 and that's the biggest thing i ever regret, luckily we saw sense and it didn't work out anyway but you never know what's going to happen in the future, but each to their own, if your happy all that matters.
Reply 78
My grandparents met in primary school, got married at 18 and are still together now, they're about 80.

It can work :smile:
Stay engaged and move in together...then take it from there. Don't rush the marriage part yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending