Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whats the rush OP? Fine if youre in love but why do you need to get married now? Why not wait until youve been together longer and are sure its what you both want? Plus the older you are the more serious people will take you, and the more exciting it will be rather than just a battle trying to prove you know what you are doing.

ReputationRep:
    it will either be the best decision you ever made your the worse! i got engaged at 16 and that's the biggest thing i ever regret, luckily we saw sense and it didn't work out anyway but you never know what's going to happen in the future, but each to their own, if your happy all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    My grandparents met in primary school, got married at 18 and are still together now, they're about 80.

It can work

ReputationRep:
    Stay engaged and move in together...then take it from there. Don't rush the marriage part yet.

ReputationRep:
    My granny got married when she was 17 and they are still together. Depends. But most of the time this early on in your life it doesn't work. Could be wrong though

ReputationRep:
    As your so maths mad can you please figure out how long you are likely to live till? You dont need to be so commited so early on in life!
    And i'm in a loving commited relationship so im not a bitter dumped girl lol

ReputationRep:
    Do you notice though that those who say they've had an engagement at that age nowadays find it didn't work out, as opposed to their grandparents, which is completely different as their views were a little different back then?

I reckon that being engaged at that age is okay. just as long as you don't jump into marriage straight after being engaged and wait a good amount of years to see if you two are meant to be. It'd be hasty otherwise.

And @ Pheebs post, sometimes the proving people wrong is what brings them closer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndroidLight)
    I'm 15 and we're engaged. Getting married when I turn 16.
    Please be kidding.

ReputationRep:
    You do what you think is right and ignore the naysayers.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.