The Student Room Group

What's A level Physics like?

Scroll to see replies

Mindrape. Absolute mindrape.

be warned, if you take A level Physics, bricks will be ****.
Reply 21
i thought it would be a lot more interesting then it is. its mostly just learning the formula for equations about electricity and other crap. i thought there would be a lot more theory which i care far more about then plugging some numbers in...

also the actual content is quite a wide variety to cover many aspects of physics. meaning you learn a lot of boring stuff mixed in with the better stuff and you dont get into too much detail about anything really.

maybe its just my school or my teachers but im finding it quite hard, mainly because i cant get enthusiastic about any of it.

but if its what youre interested in then go for it! im sure that if you put the work in youll be fine. but have a look over the syllabus for it and weigh up whether the bits youre interested in are worth doing an a level in compared to all the crap that comes with it. personally i wish i had chosen RE instead...
Reply 22
Original post by sking93
i thought it would be a lot more interesting then it is. its mostly just learning the formula for equations about electricity and other crap. i thought there would be a lot more theory which i care far more about then plugging some numbers in...

also the actual content is quite a wide variety to cover many aspects of physics. meaning you learn a lot of boring stuff mixed in with the better stuff and you dont get into too much detail about anything really.

maybe its just my school or my teachers but im finding it quite hard, mainly because i cant get enthusiastic about any of it.

but if its what youre interested in then go for it! im sure that if you put the work in youll be fine. but have a look over the syllabus for it and weigh up whether the bits youre interested in are worth doing an a level in compared to all the crap that comes with it. personally i wish i had chosen RE instead...

Okay thanks very much :smile: That's a really good answer with all valid points.... if i'm honest, i'm starting to go off the idea as some of the topics just sound horrendously tedious... like electric and magnetic fields for me :tongue: ahhh we'll have to see i suppose :rolleyes:
Reply 23
It's ok as long as you can stand the practicals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending