Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,

I'm an international student with a background of economics. I got accepted by both York for the MSc mathematical finance and for KCL's MSc Financial Maths and still waiting for a response from WBS Finance.
    And also I got accepted by QMUL Investment and Finance and University of Glasgow MSc Quantitative Finance but for now i'm not considering them.

For now I have 2 options, york or kcl. What do you think about it?
    I know york is well known for the excellence of its math department and some of the alumnii took jobs in Barlays, JP and HSBC, dont know exaclty for which position they got accepted .. The neg thing is that York is in York so I don't know if they are even known in London area.

Besides KCL is also a great deal(at least I hope for it) at least its in London so proximity is advantageous.

For now im much more like York but still waiting WBS and things can change,etc.. so u tell me, which one should I choose?

ReputationRep:
    York is known in London. It's a good uni.

King's is a better uni. WBS would be best but I'd go for King's over York.

ReputationRep:
    what maggie said, big gap between all 3

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.