Turn on thread page Beta

Polite way to remind my lecturer of something watch

ReputationRep:
    I need to get in touch with one of lecturers who is supposed to give my feedback on a project proposal. I contacted him about two weeks ago and still have not received any reply. I don't want to come across as rude or demanding, so does this email sound polite enough?

Dear Mr XY,

please find attached my proposal for the XXX project.
    I sent YX this plan in February and was told to get in touch with you. As I have not yet received a reply to the email I sent you on the 3rd of March, I wondered if you could have a brief look over my proposal and give me a bit of feedback.

Thank you very much in advance.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That sounds ok to me. You are being nice and polite about it and arent being too demanding or anything.
    Even if they just get back to you to say they will look at it at least its something.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt worry about sounding rude, your lecturer would have had plenty worse students before you and plenty after, also your paying to be there so you deserve to know where you're at with your work. just make it short, simple and sweet but formal so your email gains respect.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it says ok. If you haven't had a reply then you should start being more pushy especially if you don't get a reply a week after you send this. If not contact someone else saying that you have tried to contact xy multiple times but haven't got any responce and get them to sort it out

ReputationRep:
    "WHERE'S MY MONEY!?"

This isn't about money is it ..

ReputationRep:
    Would it not be easier to strip naked and perform the YMCA dance while stating your grievances?

ReputationRep:
    I think that sounds fine

ReputationRep:
    Bugger being polite.You are paying £3K a year for this service. Demand it is up to standard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Would it not be easier to strip naked and perform the YMCA dance while stating your grievances?
    In my limited experiences, I would have to concur that this is spuriously effective at best. But off the record - it's still worth a shot OP.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.