Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I have the 2008/09 edition of the UK's Driving Test DVD, for both theory, hazard perception and Practical test.
    I'm mainly using this for practising for my theory test and hazard perception, however as it is 2 years old, I was just wondering whether there are any major/important updates made by 2011? Basically, if I practise with this DVD, will there be questions on my actual test (in April) that I wouldn't have practised?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetInspired125)
    Hi guys,
    I have the 2008/09 edition of the UK's Driving Test DVD, for both theory, hazard perception and Practical test.
    I'm mainly using this for practising for my theory test and hazard perception, however as it is 2 years old, I was just wondering whether there are any major/important updates made by 2011? Basically, if I practise with this DVD, will there be questions on my actual test (in April) that I wouldn't have practised?

Thanks in advance
    you should get the lastest version..it will contain questions that are more likely to appear this year. youc can buy it from amazon

ReputationRep:
    I used a disc made for 2010 and I dont think the system has altered a huge amount. However I would deffinately consider getting a more up to date version as you just dont know. Also in order to help you pass just keep doing the questions and dont stop. I did about 3 mock exams each night and then on my test i knew the answers to all the questions because id already answered them in the past. Hazard perception isnt too difficult either although i was useless as it. A lot of the test is mainly common sense therefore im sure you will do fine

Good Luck with your test
    Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    The one you have now should be fine if you would rather keep using that than buy a newer updated one. I assume most of the questions would remain the same anyway as well as the hazard perception clips. Also there are free tests on the internet which are currently up to date. As well as that ask any family or friends to lend you their dvd or books

ReputationRep:
    I used the 08/09 edition to revise and passed...I didn't notice much difference.
    Same questions, just worded differently

They change it a little bit every year. Many of the questions are the same but just reworded, and almost all of it should be common sense really. I wouldn't be too concerned about using an old DVD but then again, if the DVD is £10 and the theory test is £30 it wouldn't be stupid to get the new one just to be sure.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.