Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I've been in a relationship for 6 months now, the first few I was at uni and she was at home and all was good, then we spent the Christmas Holidays pretty much always together as much as we could and she was really affectionate to me telling me how much she was into me. She then went travelling for 2 months and for the first month we were texting and again she still seemed real into me and it was all going fine. But in the last month she was away the texts got less and less affectionate and then when she came back for a week for uni interviews, she was pretty on and off, their were times when we were just like we were before but then whereas before she would cuddle and want to chat at night she tended to go to bed and go to sleep straight away. Then whereas before when she left the first time she was pretty upset about it, this time she didn't really seem too bothered.

I know am unsure whether she wants me or not, she didn't talk about ending it or anything whilst she was home and at times we were just like we were before, but for the majority she just seemed really off. I'm prone to worrying and the fact she doesnt show me so much love in texts and in person has got me worried that she's not into me that much any more. I know she's travelling and having a boyfriend probably restricts her a lot so I'm wondering whether it could be some resentment from that. I've tried to make it better by literally showing her how much I love her in every way but I'm wondering whether thats maybe making me seem too clingy and needy. Any advice on how I should act, as she has an abroad number which she let me have and I can text now and again or has any girl been travelling, leaving a boyfriend behind and know what she might be thinking?

I'd really appreciate some advice/ someone to talk to who might know what she's trying to do? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore her back. It might be hard but if you man up beforehand it's easy.

ReputationRep:
    Talk about it honestly with her sometime. Don't make assumptions, ignoring her might make it worse as she could feel you don't want the relationship anymore. Just talk it out with her, be open about what you think.

ReputationRep:
    Yeaa it's not exactly her ignoring me though. It's more like backhanded compliments, she still texts me from where she is which is costing her a lot, but there's never much love in them it's more just like general chat. And some almost seem like she wants me to fall out with her. Also I'm worried if i ignore her she'll just **** around abroad as she made it clear she had plenty of offers in the first two months but declined them. Manning up is definitely an option but I have no idea how to without the possibility of her looking elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    'Don't you want me baby? Don't you want me, ohhhhhhhhhh!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maton_91)
    'Don't you want me baby? Don't you want me, ohhhhhhhhhh!'
    Please don't tell me you tried to be funny :mad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.