Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the multiple threads, but this issue just popped up (im filling out forms for HR for summer internship in London)

The forms are asking me for my UK National Insurance Number. Im a european citizen, but not a UK citizen, and therefore i dont have a UK national insurance number. I've received no mention about the UK national insurance number from the bank that hired me prior to reading this form today.

What do I need to do about this?

ReputationRep:
    You apply for one. Knew lots of people in the same position in my class.

ReputationRep:
    Last year, during the first meeting with all the interns, we just had to complete some forms. I think you should phone HR and ask them what to do because maybe you just have to leave that form empty and they will set up the meeting for you later on.
    Are you italian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruel3a)
    Last year, during the first meeting with all the interns, we just had to complete some forms. I think you should phone HR and ask them what to do because maybe you just have to leave that form empty and they will set up the meeting for you later on.
    Are you italian?
    yeah, i will phone HR tomorrow. I mean, I know that I can apply for a national tax id by calling a certain phone number, etc... but itd be a lot better if I can just do it once Im actually in London.

yes im italian

ReputationRep:
    you have to be in the uk to get one as far as Im aware! you dont need it to start out working! its not a huge issue so dont stress! I would ring hr..but i believe they will tell you to put a dummy one based on your date of birth and gender - something like tsddmmyy(m/f)

so since ur in the uk - ring hr and they will tell you who to contact! its fine! happens all the tiem!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.