Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Looking to most likely go to Lincoln for animation next year...anyone else going? Or has/is anyone else here doing it already?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting animation at Lincoln this year! Love to meet more people who will be too
    I still want to know loads about it! x)
    Also, I want to know if they want us fully equipped for it in terms of laptops and software ect for it! >< as I really don't know! ><
    Going to the open day on the 11th, can't wait (:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I don't do animation but my best mate does. He absolutely loves it here and love the course. Just went on the trip to LA too, which was apparently awesome. As far as i can say they dont expect you to have any equip, its obvs makes it a little more convient for you so you're not having to into the mac labs all the time but its not essential. I take media production and its a similar thing, they have everything for you but it is communal and you obv can't work from your bed and have to get dressed some days, teehee.

If you need more info i'd say find an email for the department (website or call up) and ask. If you ask they may also be able to put you in touch with a current student that can give you their opinions.

Like i said, im not animation but i hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be starting animation at Lincoln this year too. Exciting stuff! I did wonder if we'll be expected to buy any software, that kind of thing isn't exactly cheap.

I already have my own laptop, so at least that's that covered.

ReputationRep:
    Haha wow I stopped checking for replies after a while and today I google'd 'is lincoln good for animation' and my own topic came up

Anyway thanks for the response guys, especially c_hurrell it makes me feel a lot better about the course after reading a few reviews from 2006 again, good to know the uni really pulled it together!

ReputationRep:
    agreed! that response did sound very positive! thankyou very much for posting the question and for the answer

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my second year of animation at Lincoln, fire me any questions

One thing you guys should definitely buy is: The Animators Survival Kit by Richard Williams

ReputationRep:
    Im going into second year of animation... last year was so good! The trip to LA being a particular highlight. Everyone should join the Animation Society we started last year -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/101692209919239

there's not many members atm, as we set it up at the end of last year, but it should be pretty good. .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardBulmer)
    Im going into second year of animation... last year was so good! The trip to LA being a particular highlight. Everyone should join the Animation Society we started last year -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/101692209919239

there's not many members atm, as we set it up at the end of last year, but it should be pretty good. .
    Hey there, I was wondering. Is it possible to join the Animation soc but not be on the Animation course? I will be studying Illustration but I'm VERY interested in animation and I want a career in character design

Sorry if that's a silly question :B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gin)
    Hey there, I was wondering. Is it possible to join the Animation soc but not be on the Animation course? I will be studying Illustration but I'm VERY interested in animation and I want a career in character design

Sorry if that's a silly question :B

yeah it's absolutely fine, we've had loads of people ask to join who are on illustration, fine art etc... join the group on facebook so you can keep up to date with us and remember to properly join in the freshers fair on freshers week .

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's absolutely fine, we've had loads of people ask to join who are on illustration, fine art etc... join the group on facebook so you can keep up to date with us and remember to properly join in the freshers fair on freshers week .
    Awesome stuff!! I'll do that then :3 Thanks for answering

ReputationRep:
    Do we get summer work like other courses? Cos if so I havn't got mine yet....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thax)
    Do we get summer work like other courses? Cos if so I havn't got mine yet....
    i didn't last year, so i would guess not.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't last year, so i would guess not.
    Weird that certain courses give it out and others dont :/

ReputationRep:
    I am really hoping I get on to this course I have my interview in January for it

Can anyone give me any tips on this? like on my portfolio and things as I am reallly nervous :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma-fluffee)
    I am really hoping I get on to this course I have my interview in January for it

Can anyone give me any tips on this? like on my portfolio and things as I am reallly nervous :P
    Good luck with your interview Wish I could give you some decent advice on the portfolio but I forget what they wanted. Some of your best drawing work, life drawing is probably a good thing to have. Obviously, if you've done any animation before be sure to include that.

Don't be nervous, Lincoln uni has a really welcoming vibe to it. Play to your strengths, show them you're passionate and you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miruza)
    Good luck with your interview Wish I could give you some decent advice on the portfolio but I forget what they wanted. Some of your best drawing work, life drawing is probably a good thing to have. Obviously, if you've done any animation before be sure to include that.

Don't be nervous, Lincoln uni has a really welcoming vibe to it. Play to your strengths, show them you're passionate and you should be fine.
    I had my interview today and I think it went really well I really hope I get in >.< *fingers crossed*

University open days

1. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 14 Oct '18
  3. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.