Have any of you ever... Watch

colabottles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Rang up a med school and asked why you got an offer?

:lol:

I know it sounds odd but I'm just curious. It's perfectly acceptable to ring up and ask where you went wrong, so is it acceptable to ask where you went right? :p:
Fight-or-Flight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:lolwut:
why would you?
like saying:"hey I just want to know why I got an offer. I didn't deserve it, I really messed up the interview and my academics are rubbish compared to other applicants. Please reconsider my application"!!!
colabottles
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
why would you?
like saying:"hey I just want to know why I got an offer. I didn't deserve it, I really messed up the interview and my academics are rubbish compared to other applicants. Please reconsider my application"!!!
Noo I don't mean like that. I just wonder why I got an offer. Curiosity mainly
Wookie42
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They can retract offers ya know... Surely the simple answer is: you met the requirements = they gave you a place?
Fight-or-Flight
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by colabottles)
Noo I don't mean like that. I just wonder why I got an offer. Curiosity mainly
In that case, why don't you break this taboo and be the first one to attempt it
loling909
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
why would you?
Haaaahaaaha.

I reckon if you do call them up they might possibly even reject you after finding out how compulsive you are. :eek: Joke, they can't do that. I don't know, try it and let me know the outcome.
Gizmo!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i wouldnt bother, cola.

never give anyone reason to dig into your dirt, you never know what they might find.
Radioactive Blob
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by colabottles)
Rang up a med school and asked why you got an offer?

:lol:

I know it sounds odd but I'm just curious. It's perfectly acceptable to ring up and ask where you went wrong, so is it acceptable to ask where you went right? :p:
I suppose at worst they would be a bit annoyed and think you were wasting their time.
Gizmo!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
becos you met requirements.

loads of people meet the basic requirements, its not something special. its a med school place. in the great scheme of things you just need to be an average or even less than average joe in the right place and time to get an offer. utter cretins get in lots. so dont mull over it, instead focus on the surely far greater matters in your life like getting a b/f and doing waht you want. being a teenager wont last forever.
- Major -
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because you applied to them saying i beg you please let me in a subconscious way then went to their interview and lick their a*ses to let you in and then they say yeah you can come in and you're like why?....
Beska
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It is a perfectly valid question.

I would hazard a guess that the majority of med schools allow you to apply for interview feedback after a successful post-interview decision: Barts comes to mind immediately, and I'm sure there are others.
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It sounds like a rather self indulgent idea tbh

I understand that it would be useful to know, but at the same time it would just be a massive ego trip (even if indirectly)
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We were able to see out interview notes about half way through first year.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (445)
91.56%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.44%

Watched Threads