Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Rang up a med school and asked why you got an offer?

:lol:

I know it sounds odd but I'm just curious. It's perfectly acceptable to ring up and ask where you went wrong, so is it acceptable to ask where you went right? :p:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    why would you?
    like saying:"hey I just want to know why I got an offer. I didn't deserve it, I really messed up the interview and my academics are rubbish compared to other applicants. Please reconsider my application"!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    why would you?
    like saying:"hey I just want to know why I got an offer. I didn't deserve it, I really messed up the interview and my academics are rubbish compared to other applicants. Please reconsider my application"!!!
    Noo I don't mean like that. I just wonder why I got an offer. Curiosity mainly

ReputationRep:
    They can retract offers ya know... Surely the simple answer is: you met the requirements = they gave you a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colabottles)
    Noo I don't mean like that. I just wonder why I got an offer. Curiosity mainly
    In that case, why don't you break this taboo and be the first one to attempt it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    why would you?
    Haaaahaaaha.

I reckon if you do call them up they might possibly even reject you after finding out how compulsive you are. :eek: Joke, they can't do that. I don't know, try it and let me know the outcome.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt bother, cola.

never give anyone reason to dig into your dirt, you never know what they might find.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colabottles)
    Rang up a med school and asked why you got an offer?

:lol:

I know it sounds odd but I'm just curious. It's perfectly acceptable to ring up and ask where you went wrong, so is it acceptable to ask where you went right? :p:
    I suppose at worst they would be a bit annoyed and think you were wasting their time.

ReputationRep:
    becos you met requirements.

loads of people meet the basic requirements, its not something special. its a med school place. in the great scheme of things you just need to be an average or even less than average joe in the right place and time to get an offer. utter cretins get in lots. so dont mull over it, instead focus on the surely far greater matters in your life like getting a b/f and doing waht you want. being a teenager wont last forever.

ReputationRep:
    Because you applied to them saying i beg you please let me in a subconscious way then went to their interview and lick their a*ses to let you in and then they say yeah you can come in and you're like why?....
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It is a perfectly valid question.

I would hazard a guess that the majority of med schools allow you to apply for interview feedback after a successful post-interview decision: Barts comes to mind immediately, and I'm sure there are others.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a rather self indulgent idea tbh

I understand that it would be useful to know, but at the same time it would just be a massive ego trip (even if indirectly)

ReputationRep:
    We were able to see out interview notes about half way through first year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.