Turn on thread page Beta

LED Festival 16+? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, been strongly considering going to this 1 day festival over the summer but noticed it has a

- 16+ minimum to enter
    - if under 18 must be accompanied by an adult

I'm going with 1-2 friends and we are all 16-17, and was wondering how easy it is to simply tag along with an 18+ in the queue or whatnot

Anything to worry about before we buy or should we just go along?

ReputationRep:
    hey poink, I will be studying in London this coming September so I'm thinking of heading down to take a look around the area. And so coincidentally, deadmau5 is gonna be playing so I figured I'd just spend a day there. That said, I'd most probably be going alone since I'll be travelling alone.. I'm above 18 so I wouldn't mind meeting a few guys to go along with, but.. since I'm not a local I don't have a contact number.

I'm not exactly an expert on this topic or anything, but perhaps you could try posting in a few forums asking for people to tag along with? (I actually came here in search of fellow party-goers). All the best!

ReputationRep:
    ^led fest is in june mate.

@op, as long as you're over 16 you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Ok, sounds hopeful then, will be sure to buy tickets...if there are others around willing to help like kern i'm sure we'll be fine getting in

ReputationRep:
    oops, I meant I'll be heading down for a short trip in June. all the best Poink

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I actually worked at the LED festival last summer. Why do you want to go, I'd honestly save the entrance it's not that special. I worked on the bar there both days, realllly not worth going to..!

Edit: That said, I'll probably be working there this summer again. :rolleyes:

Last year Tiesto was the headliner, and this year I just looked and it's Deadmau5. I love Deadmau5, but thing is:

It's outside.
    It's muddy.
    The music doesn't travel that well, it's prone to rain, and it's just... I dunno, I didn't like the atmosphere. I skipped work to hear Tiesto, and there's no rave feel, nothing beats being in an enclosed room with massive speakers, I don't think it's worth it. It's just people standing around quite high, zoning in on the music, it's not - alive. :dontknow: I think the outdoors aspect ruins it. The stage is at the end of a biggggg space, and there's so many people you can't get near the front.

Oh, and the alcohol is extortionate. :wink2:
    £4 for a can of beer/cider. I think I memorised the price list by heart.. :|

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to this, saw him at Earls Court and although I love the man, the sound quality was pretty poor. Amazing night though. Hoping this Victoria Park gig will have a good atmosphere and a few house acts get on the lineup, cause it's a lot of dubstep at the moment! But yeah, find yourself someone to leech onto just to get in. Or do what I did and faint in the queue and you'll just get taken straight through lol (bad times).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Why do you want to go, I'd honestly save the entrance it's not that special.
    I can't speak for everybody, but this year's line up looks ten times better than last year's. It appeals a lot more to my tastes at least. Besides, if you're put off by a muddy field it doesn't exactly sound like festivals are your thing to begin with [=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I can't speak for everybody, but this year's line up looks ten times better than last year's. It appeals a lot more to my tastes at least. Besides, if you're put off by a muddy field it doesn't exactly sound like festivals are your thing to begin with [=
    It's not the mud really, that was just a factor. It was all the other stuff I mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    The line up looks great!

DeadMau5, Calvin Harris, Mark Ronson, Zane Lowe and more - LIVE at L.E.D. Festival, London! Check out the Facebook fan page for more information: http://www.facebook.com/pages/LED-Fe...12302225463535

Or to get tickets go to: http://www.fatsoma.com/tickets/led-p...5?r=1681458699

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.