Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arianto)
    Yeah it's my teachers, and I'm pretty sure she won't overmark it (that'd be so annoying); she said the SQA probably won't mark it down...
    Whoa hold on! My teacher never gave me a mark, just feedback! Does the mark your teacher give have any bearing on the SQAs mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth..)
    Yeah im writing a story about a teacher's first day which is extremely boring and currently doesnt have a title or and an ending for that matter.
    I wish i'd been as organised as you, i did a couple of drafts of my persuasive about abolishing the monarchy but i've left it far too late for my creative Hopefully i'l be able to scrape a 17 for it if the marker's feeling generous :crossedf:
    Well just remember it's a creative short story; it can be about anything you want. What would the perfect plot be in your perfect ever novel you were reading? That way you can at least be enthusiastic about writing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burial)
    Whoa hold on! My teacher never gave me a mark, just feedback! Does the mark your teacher give have any bearing on the SQAs mark?
    No, but it should give a good indication as to the final mark the SQA give you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quick-use)
    Having done some Maths, I've calculated my Folio mark to be at least 14.4, and therefore rounded to 14.
    Personally, I'm obviously hoping for above 90% overall: although, I may be acting somewhat ambitious, or perhaps even audacious. Who knows? :rolleyes:

What about you? And everyone else?

P.S I hope no-one mistook my use of humour for egotism.
    (Honestly though, an A at any percentage will suffice.)
    If you don't mind me asking , how does the percentage exactly work? How much do you need to get from the folio, close reading and essays each to get a B (sorry if this sounds stupid) but i don't really know lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovelife1234)
    If you don't mind me asking , how does the percentage exactly work? How much do you need to get from the folio, close reading and essays each to get a B (sorry if this sounds stupid) but i don't really know lol.
    For English a B should be around 57 and 58. Last year I believe it was 55, but just to make sure...

If you just make sure to average a B in all aspects, you'll get it! If you want to be specific with the marks, go on this:

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/39872.html#announcement3

Click on "View the conversion calculator".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quick-use)
    For English a B should be around 57 and 58. Last year I believe it was 55, but just to make sure...

If you just make sure to average a B in all aspects, you'll get it! If you want to be specific with the marks, go on this:

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/39872.html#announcement3

Click on "View the conversion calculator".
    Thanks a lot, i looked at your other post on this thread and done some calculations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by communista)
    i finished both of them last week, pretty pleased with both of them. The other parts of the english course i will fail miserably at :L
    Lol same probably.
    My folio is to be sent away on the 26th, so I'm going to have to make sure my tutor has got it because that is the day he is back from holiday. :mad:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.