Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is doing the rounds on Facebook, so I thought we could do it here too.

It is National Book Week. The rules are: Grab the closest book to you. Turn to page 56. Copy the 5th sentence as your message. Don't mention the book.
    "This morning there was a rubber hand, the nails painted red, the kind of thing you can buy around Halloween, actually all year round now, in the front hall under my mailbox."

ReputationRep:
    'I tried to tell her how excited I was about life and the things we could do together; saying that, and planning to leave Denver in two days.'

ReputationRep:
    'He will, or would, hardly condescend to shave anybody who has not been in Debrett for the last three hundred years'

ReputationRep:
    "But what is it? What's the big deal?"

ReputationRep:
    "An applet is a mini-program that will run only under a Web browser."

ReputationRep:
    "At that point it felt like I was at the height of my fame, and whatever I could do to open the eyes of people, to widen their idea of what hip-hop was, I wanted to do."

ReputationRep:
    "This is interesting" Oh, thats a rather short and boring line :'(

ReputationRep:
    The first book I opened, page 56 was blank.

Attempt 2: 'Sycamore shoulders oak, / Bines the slim sapling yoke, / Ivy-spun halters choke / Elms stout and tall.'

ReputationRep:
    'When it came time for the guitar solo, I nailed it, and everybody started freaking out about how great it was.'

ReputationRep:
    "One can thing of the black hole as tunneling through the Euclidean region and emerging as a pair of oppositely charged black holes that accelerate away from each other pulled apart by the magnetic field."

ReputationRep:
    "For French adjectives, linguists have often advocated an analysis in terms of subtraction: the masculine form is formed from the feminine form by subtracting the final consonant (Bloomsfield 1933:217)."

Yeah, the closest book to me was a book on morphology. ¬_¬

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.