Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is doing the rounds on Facebook, so I thought we could do it here too.

It is National Book Week. The rules are: Grab the closest book to you. Turn to page 56. Copy the 5th sentence as your message. Don't mention the book.
    "This morning there was a rubber hand, the nails painted red, the kind of thing you can buy around Halloween, actually all year round now, in the front hall under my mailbox."

ReputationRep:
    'I tried to tell her how excited I was about life and the things we could do together; saying that, and planning to leave Denver in two days.'

ReputationRep:
    'He will, or would, hardly condescend to shave anybody who has not been in Debrett for the last three hundred years'

ReputationRep:
    "But what is it? What's the big deal?"

ReputationRep:
    "An applet is a mini-program that will run only under a Web browser."

ReputationRep:
    "At that point it felt like I was at the height of my fame, and whatever I could do to open the eyes of people, to widen their idea of what hip-hop was, I wanted to do."

ReputationRep:
    "This is interesting" Oh, thats a rather short and boring line :'(

ReputationRep:
    The first book I opened, page 56 was blank.

Attempt 2: 'Sycamore shoulders oak, / Bines the slim sapling yoke, / Ivy-spun halters choke / Elms stout and tall.'

ReputationRep:
    'When it came time for the guitar solo, I nailed it, and everybody started freaking out about how great it was.'

ReputationRep:
    "One can thing of the black hole as tunneling through the Euclidean region and emerging as a pair of oppositely charged black holes that accelerate away from each other pulled apart by the magnetic field."

ReputationRep:
    "For French adjectives, linguists have often advocated an analysis in terms of subtraction: the masculine form is formed from the feminine form by subtracting the final consonant (Bloomsfield 1933:217)."

Yeah, the closest book to me was a book on morphology. ¬_¬

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.