Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I used to do a full body workout 3 times a week then I noticed myself getting broader on my shoulders and bigger arms. I carry a few pounds I am currently 17 years old 5ft 7 and weigh 13 stone. I am trying to lose the pounds especially in my stomach and my chest for my holiday and also cutting out junk food for example crisps, sweets and fizzy juice. I was just wondering if I done cardio 3 times a week would it be any advantage to me or should I fit in some free weight workouts ?

ReputationRep:
    yeh cardio helps, calory intake and healthiness of it is central. calories in gotta be lower than calories you burn

ReputationRep:
    weights will make you bigger, cardio will improve fitness and make you lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe also consider that more muscle tissue burns more calories 24/7, so you shouldn't neglect weight training because if you want to become slimmer, cardio alone won't be enough. So it should be a healthy mix, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig 1888)
    Hi there I used to do a full body workout 3 times a week then I noticed myself getting broader on my shoulders and bigger arms. I carry a few pounds I am currently 17 years old 5ft 7 and weigh 13 stone. I am trying to lose the pounds especially in my stomach and my chest for my holiday and also cutting out junk food for example crisps, sweets and fizzy juice. I was just wondering if I done cardio 3 times a week would it be any advantage to me or should I fit in some free weight workouts ?
    What is the problem with bigger shoulders and arms? They give you the impression of a smaller waist and make you look better. What's the problem? Just do a sensible workout, make sure you have a good amount of accessory work for physique purposes and cut out junk food. You are guaranteed to look better. Cardio is the least important thing on that list.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.