Turn on thread page Beta

Another one of those hair dilemmas.. *sighh* watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, where shall I start.. I wash my hair every other day, I usually condition it everytime I wash it but until recently, I've been told that it's bad for your hair so I should use conditioner once a week. After I wash my hair, it always goes almost greasy-like which, quite frankly, is absolutely disgusting! I have a passionate hatred for even a spec of grease in my hair, so you can pretty much imagine how I feel when it goes greasy STRAIGHT after I wash it. I already wash it every other day so washing it anymore is just simply out of the question. Things like dry shampoo sometimes work, but I don't like being completely reliant on it.

So does anyone have any tips on how to deal with greasy hair/ how to not let it get greasy in the first place?! Any serious responses are much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Bummppp.

ReputationRep:
    I wash mine and deep condition every day, otherwise it's greasy... I also dye my roots blonde every 4 weeks and straighten the heck out of it so that probably jusitifes why I have to treat it so well! I use aussie and tre semme on my hair and they seem to not leave much residue at all, maybe it's your shampoo? Have you tried changing brands?

ReputationRep:
    Bumpp again plz

ReputationRep:
    Tried different brands? Are you making sure you wash all the shampoo out?

Make sure you use a light shampoo and conditioner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clo-clo1)
    Tried different brands? Are you making sure you wash all the shampoo out?

Make sure you use a light shampoo and conditioner
    What do you mean light shampoo? Por ejemplo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelkeira)
    I wash mine and deep condition every day, otherwise it's greasy... I also dye my roots blonde every 4 weeks and straighten the heck out of it so that probably jusitifes why I have to treat it so well! I use aussie and tre semme on my hair and they seem to not leave much residue at all, maybe it's your shampoo? Have you tried changing brands?
    Zomg, you're srsly so lucky! I remember the days when my hair was like that :cool: and yeah I'm gunna get an appointment withmy local GP soon and get her to recommend me a branded one which suits my hair type.

EDIT: Why the neg?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well, conditioners are generally targeted at dry/damaged hair. Cut the condish and wash with a shampoo formulated for oily hair. Try Herbal Essences Drama Clean. It smells great too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetascandy)
    Pantene does a light shampoo, I mean like a non cream formula, something clear. I'm not sure if that really makes a difference but I always find cream formulas weigh my hair down. Pantene's is called Aqua Light

http://www.pantene.co.uk/collection,browse,1.html

I use Liz Earle now which is slightly erm creamy but is still light on my hair, Phillip Kingsley is amazing though but I think the litre bottles cost like £50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetascandy)
    L'oreal Nutri-Gloss Light is great!

http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hairca...oss-light.aspx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.