Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Cliffs: Play online poker underage, repeatedly run the $10/100-$500/$1k-$0 cycle. Win £1k live MTT, blow online. Hit $6k, blow. Blow student loan and £1k overdraft. Questioning sanity. Wonder why I degen over BR management so often. In debts to mates.

ReputationRep:
    Gave up reading halfway through and just read the cliff.

1) Not sure what you currently have in your account, if you have money then take most of it out and pay off your friends. Don't start getting into trouble with friends. If not find another way of paying them off.

2) Education needs to be a priority, poker should only be played in the spare hours you have where you would be doing nothing at all otherwise

Get these two sorted out first.

actual poker tips:

- Take at least a week break from poker
    - Read up on BR management and use it. Its taken me ages to get the discipline, but believe me it is magic. If you are a willing player and stick to bankroll management religiously you will not go bust.
    - Get poker tracker. It gives you motivation to stick by it as you can see the results clearly
    - Don't see poker as a way of making profit, see it as a fun game. Keep reading up and get a good log of hands in (100k or so) at lowish stakes
    - You are not a winning player that is getting unlucky. Variance causes you to win as well as lose

Unless you like losing, quit poker unless you can follow bankroll management

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.