Cliffs: Play online poker underage, repeatedly run the $10/100-$500/$1k-$0 cycle. Win £1k live MTT, blow online. Hit $6k, blow. Blow student loan and £1k overdraft. Questioning sanity. Wonder why I degen over BR management so often. In debts to mates.
Turn on thread page Beta
My Poker Addiction watch
- Thread Starter
Last edited by Josh Jones; 23-03-2011 at 03:00. Reason: Post already exists in health forum.
- 21-03-2011 22:50
- 21-03-2011 23:06
Gave up reading halfway through and just read the cliff.
1) Not sure what you currently have in your account, if you have money then take most of it out and pay off your friends. Don't start getting into trouble with friends. If not find another way of paying them off.
2) Education needs to be a priority, poker should only be played in the spare hours you have where you would be doing nothing at all otherwise
Get these two sorted out first.
actual poker tips:
- Take at least a week break from poker
- Read up on BR management and use it. Its taken me ages to get the discipline, but believe me it is magic. If you are a willing player and stick to bankroll management religiously you will not go bust.
- Get poker tracker. It gives you motivation to stick by it as you can see the results clearly
- Don't see poker as a way of making profit, see it as a fun game. Keep reading up and get a good log of hands in (100k or so) at lowish stakes
- You are not a winning player that is getting unlucky. Variance causes you to win as well as lose
Unless you like losing, quit poker unless you can follow bankroll management