Turn on thread page Beta

Trying not to...BREAK THE LAW (!!)...while driving on a motorway watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey

1. Variable speed limits on the M6: how do they work? Is it a measure of average speed or speeding at one camera or speeding at several cameras or just speeding way over 70 before you get caught

2. After it gets dark is it a lot harder for police cars to catch the evidence needed to convict you? Also, are there many many fewer police cars out there after 10pm?

3. If you are caught at say 95 in light traffic ie. safe conditions - what are the worst and best charges you could get? ie. without dangerous driving / tailgating

Thanks for your help everyone

ReputationRep:
    There's no excuse, well there could be, but they don't care lol

ReputationRep:
    You could tell them you're really, REALLY late for a meeting with your dealer?

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    There must be a way to stop them from giving me points or give me a lesser offence or just protection from getting disqualified...

I mean obviously I would sound really apologetic but after that im not sure how to act?

...I was unaware of my speed - is that a good thing?
    ...I was overtaking?
    ....A lorry was coming into my lane, i had no choice

etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kareir)
    You could tell them you're really, REALLY late for a meeting with your dealer?

_Kar.
    dealer?

ReputationRep:
    Really is no excuse but that's the point, it's just so fun :woo:

ReputationRep:
    There aren't any excuses.

Even if there were to be an excuse e.g. a dying relative, you'd be expected to keep your cool and go the normal speed - my dad tried this excuse once and it got him a £60 fine + 3 lovely points on his license.

fhl

ReputationRep:
    You're having a coronary and need to get to the AED at the next service station :top:

ReputationRep:
    "I'm a total tool with no regards for the law"

That should see you sorted out.

If the Police stop you for speed, they'll have been watching you for a few miles and will know you weren't taken evasive action, that you weren't overtaking and that you weren't escaping from a white Fiat Panda [kudos if you get the reference]. What they'll know is the truth: you're a moron who just wants to go fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YOYOYOYOYOYO)
    There must be a way to stop them from giving me points or give me a lesser offence or just protection from getting disqualified...

I mean obviously I would sound really apologetic but after that im not sure how to act?

...I was unaware of my speed - is that a good thing?
    ...I was overtaking?
    ....A lorry was coming into my lane, i had no choice

etc
    At 90-110 mph

Lol everyone must of been speeding that day then. Or there's something wrong with your speedo :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YOYOYOYOYOYO)
    dealer?
    Yeah, you know.
    Go to ATM.
    Go to Car.
    Drive to Man With Drugs (Henceforth known as a 'dealer').
    Give Man With Drugs Money.
    Drive Home
    Take Drugs (these two can be alternated)
    Drugs Wear Off.
    Want more Drugs.
    Repeat.

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    You could say:

"I should know better than to speed here, I killed a woman on this road last week."

ON topic: There is no excuse for travelling at 110mph. You're endangering yourself and others and it's unacceptable. You're not as good a driver as you think you are.

ReputationRep:
    Why not try the truth: 'I feel my convenience justifies putting my own life and the lives of other people at risk.' :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I recently had a 'Drive alive' day in school.
    There are no excuses quite frankly, we had to watch the consequences of idiots going to fast. Don't be that idiot.

ReputationRep:
    My water just broke

ReputationRep:
    Tell him you were speeding because you had a dodgy curry last night and you need to get to the loo asap, if he doesnt let you go immediately, **** on his shoe and say i told you so. Probably wont get you out of the fine and points but at least it will ruin his day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kareir)
    Yeah, you know.
    Go to ATM.
    Go to Car.
    Drive to Man With Drugs (Henceforth known as a 'dealer').
    Give Man With Drugs Money.
    Drive Home
    Take Drugs (these two can be alternated)
    Drugs Wear Off.
    Want more Drugs.
    Repeat.

_Kar.

I don't know how you get vehicles in whatever part of the country you come from but in Oxford we get really nice degrees, nice jobs and do it through hard work and intelligence

ReputationRep:
    too *.....maybe I'm the idiot :P

ReputationRep:
    Tell them its really good fun. Just keep your eyes open. Police cars aren't too discreet and you can see if there's anyone standing on a flyover bridge. If you get caught, you get caught, explain that you were very late for something. Also don't drive dangerously weaving in and out of heavy motorway traffic if at all possible. Speed according to your surroundings. I know the law says that >70 is dangerous but seriously, come on. I could get to 70 on most 30 roads on the outskirts of town and not feel like I was endangering anyone if the roads were quiet enough. If you were to get caught would it be your first offence?

ReputationRep:
    'I'm in a street race'

Done, they might even ask you for them to join in

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.