Turn on thread page Beta

Can big nosed people ever look attractive? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I'm not really happy with my appearance, solely due to the fact I think I have quite a large nose. It's one of those things you just can't disguise. Small boobs? Fillets and push up bras. Bad skin? Diet and skincare. Large nose? Sorry.

A nose is one of the most prominent features of a person, and it makes me really fed up. I've always had boyfriends and people have said it's not large when I've mentioned it, but I think they're just trying to be nice. It's like I can see a pretty person underneath my nose.

I'm not a shallow person and don't judge others on their looks, only hard on myself. There's no way I can afford a nose job. I broke it when I was 14, so that could be where the insecurity comes from.

So, in general, do you think it's possible for someone with a large nose to ever look attractive, or is it one of those things that always detracts from attractiveness in your opinion? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Seperate the clouds of doubt and welcome the light upon your face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura loo)
    Ok, so I'm not really happy with my appearance, solely due to the fact I think I have quite a large nose. It's one of those things you just can't disguise. Small boobs? Fillets and push up bras. Bad skin? Diet and skincare. Large nose? Sorry.

A nose is one of the most prominent features of a person, and it makes me really fed up. I've always had boyfriends and people have said it's not large when I've mentioned it, but I think they're just trying to be nice. It's like I can see a pretty person underneath my nose.

I'm not a shallow person and don't judge others on their looks, only hard on myself. There's no way I can afford a nose job. I broke it when I was 14, so that could be where the insecurity comes from.

So, in general, do you think it's possible for someone with a large nose to ever look attractive, or is it one of those things that always detracts from attractiveness in your opinion? :confused:
    Self confidence.
    Regardless of your insecurities, if you can walk with confidence, it's barely going to make a difference.
    You're the only person who's going to ever worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends has an aquiline nose, and she is one of the most gorgeous girls I know. People always comment on how stunning she is. So honestly, don't worry. Be confident and happy with yourself

ReputationRep:
    I used to feel the same way about mine! Thanks to my Greek-Cypriot background I have a Grecian nose, unlike nearly everybody I went to school with; as a result of my nose shape being quite different from theirs, I always assumed that it was my dominant feature. Naturally I hated that . However, now I'm studying with people from all parts of the world at university and I have finally realised that my nose isn't big or strange-looking at all, it's just that most English people's noses are quite small (that's an objective statement, not a criticism)! I quite like mine now, it's nice and straight and it balances out my large eyes and lips quite nicely . If quite a few people have told you it's not an unusual size then they're probably right - try to accept that. If you're from a mixed heritage background then maybe try looking at photos of people from your own country and you'll probably feel a bit more "normal" after that!

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think they can, or maybe it's just me. I similarly have a large nose and funds permitting will be having a nose job sometime in 2012. Not sure if there's some bits you haven't mentioned, but I've had it worse than you. I was bullied in school for it, at home by my family for it and I've even had strangers shout out in the street, "You've got a big nose!" I'm not joking. So no, I don't think big noses can ever be attractive unless you've got other features that detract and compensate.

ReputationRep:
    I know this girl with a piggy nose with huge nostrils and everyone seems to find her very attractive (apart from me. Not because of her nose, but she's just nothing special!) So yeah, it's possible to find a girl with a big nose attractive. And honestly, as much as I could tell from your little photo, your nose looks 10x smaller than that girl's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanSoul)
    I know this girl with a piggy nose with huge nostrils and everyone seems to find her very attractive (apart from me. Not because of her nose, but she's just nothing special!) So yeah, it's possible to find a girl with a big nose attractive. And honestly, as much as I could tell from your little photo, your nose looks 10x smaller than that girl's.
    Here's my profile pic a bit bigger if you click on it.

I just think it's too large for the rest of my features. I guess that what you say is true though, some people might think it's large, others may not.

Still, I'd be tempted by a nose job if I won the lotto!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

I just think it's too large for the rest of my features. I guess that what you say is true though, some people might think it's large, others may not.

When I read your OP, I was expecting a small face on the end of a giant nose. But your nose looks fine! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    your nose doesnt seem big at all, you're being overly critical of yourself. you are pretty off-topic think you'd suit a more natural looking shade of blonde though, it would flatter your skin tone more.

but yes, forget about getting a nose job, you're lovely the way you are.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHHvB...eature=related

Mint card, you'd need a seriously good reason not to.

ReputationRep:

Sure they can, looking at yuor profile pic, you don't have a particularly big one. I mean, I'm a man and have a pretty big one and I guess it is quite a masculine trait (i.e David Gandy), however, it can be elegant and striking on girls. I know a really hot girl with amazing blue eyes who has a bump/big nose for a girl and everyone is like oh did you see that hot girletc.? So I guess it depends often on whether it suits you and if it complements your other features.

ReputationRep:

There is NOTHING wrong with your nose! It balances out your eyes very nicely so everything looks in proportion; if you had unusually small eyes then it would be different, but yours are a focal point because of their size and colour so it looks right for your face . I've spent years learning to do portraiture in various media so I'm pretty good with facial proportions .

ReputationRep:
    Your nose looks fine and you have gorgeous big eyes

My nose crush is Leyla from Emmerdale :love:

ReputationRep:
    I like noses.

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    I like noses.

:love:

ReputationRep:

If I saw that before reading this thread, the thought of your nose being large would never have entered my head.

ReputationRep:
    That's an interesting argument. Do people actually have big noses. Or just small faces?

ReputationRep:
    Get it sorted
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's not necessarily about size, but shape is more important.

I dislike my nose, but it's mostly due to the shape, rather than the size...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.