Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For these past few months I have been balancing full-time studies with a full-time job as well as doing a lot of volunteer work. I have been working or studying 8 am to 11 pm every single day, basically - without taking days off during weekends.

About a week ago, I felt like all my energy was gone. I couldn't get out of bed - couldn't bother. I've been struggling to get to work, showing up after lunch and then not doing any actual work while there.

It has continued, I have no desire to ever get out of bed. I feel like ****. I talked to my boss today, and we've agreed that I shall have a month off starting next week. It feels like hell pulling through until then though.

I feel stressed out. And even with no work to do, I still need to study. I am working on my dissertation as this is my last year at uni and it's due in May. I've started to read to it, but haven't actually written anything on it yet. My supervisor wants to read the first pages on thursday...

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    my advice would be a weekend away you say you need to study but i would think that studying wile being in your state will have a big impact on the work you produce so although you will be taking time out it is likely to improve your work all in all

ReputationRep:
    You've burnt yourself out. I agree with the poster above, take a weekend off. Have sometime to yourself, do whatever you want, visit your family, hang out with your friends. Take a break from all the work your doing, and then have a fresh start on Monday.

Balance is key.

While work is important, you should also have other priorities. You need to take care of yourself too, have some fun once in a while.

Take the weekend off, no working, just time to yourself. Hopefully, you will then start next week with a clear, focused mind, and ready get on with your dissertation.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.