Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Yeah I remember seeing you and your suitcase!

I was towards the back on the window-side of the room. I came out feeling good about the interview and that it had gone to plan, but then after a while i felt like i could've sold myself more at the interview. I then spent a week in agony waiting for that message on the King's portal because i fell in love with the place too!

I'm a bit worried about the APEL form tho, because i just spent about 4-5 hours the day before, typing it up. I wonder if we can actually 'fail' the APEL form, or if it's insufficient, they'll ask us to give more information.

I don't know what to do about the accommodation! For me, a lot is dependent on cost, but i don't know where to find out how much the halls etc are, because they don't send you the accommodation packs until you've been fully accepted into King's! I wanna be right in central London and i found out about the King's accommodation services who will give advice, so i'm gonna call them and see what the situation is. Our NHS bursary for the course will be the full amount and around 8,000 quid is that right? That'll help pay most of my rent.

It might be a good idea to keep in touch and share information about this, because i feel completely in the dark and also that because I applied late, the halls vacancies might already have been taken.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Don't worry too much about the APEL. They got in touch with me today to let me know mine had been approved (I just need to send photcopies of everything again as they won't open through MyApplication).
    I'm sure if there were any problems with it they'd simply ask you for more information.

I'm sceptical about the accommodation as I've already studied here for uni previously and it states on their website that postgrads in such a position will be a much lower priority, so I've already set my sights on private accommodation. I think the bursary's £7600 a year (from looking at other uni with the same course) but I'm not too sure.

For accommodation, another King's girl doing our course I met on this forum and I are looking for private accommodation *there are sooo many places going!*.
    She's told me when you accept their offer they ask for a term-time address which you have to give them by 30 July so they allocate placement Trusts accordingly. It doesn't seem like much time but I'm sure we'll be fine and they'll send us the information we need quickly too.

Are you on facebook?
    x

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats on getting your APEL approved! I haven't heard back yet, but hopefully will soon. I sent you a PM so hopefully speak to you on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissTee101)
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check up on how everyone's been getting on.

I've been offered a place at King's College for this September subject to my APEL approval. I'm now starting to look for accommodation but have found a few other girls on this forum in the same position too.

xxx
    Hi Miss Tee,
    well done on getting your place for Kings, so you'll also be in London. Kings will be a fantastic place to study. How's the accomodation hunt going?
    It's getting so close now to September, enjoying the last bit of free time. When does the course start at King's?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't rely on uni accommodation at all if i were you, a bunch of people including myself applied and got nowhere, best to find your own place for when you start. I think grad halls are normally given to international students.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

I'm really excited but getting quite frustrated with the accommodation search already
    I've not even deluded myself about uni accommodation, Popsicle! Where and how did you end up finding your place?

Sarah, when does the course start at City?

A couple other people on this site seem to be having the same househunting problem. I've only firmed my offer today so I'm waiting to hear the start date, do the CRB and everything else.

I've been told by a girl on the Adult branch King's want a termtime address by the 30th of July so they can start allocating placement trusts and try to allocate people to the most convenient one (as much as they can) but if you don't give them an address by them they assign you the Waterloo campus address (which is where the course is taught anyway). So no pressure, right?!

There's a Lot of places I've found already. Unfortunately, the majority have move in dates of now and August, and I'm pretty sure it starts on the 19th of September or there abouts......

ReputationRep:
    The University of London Housing Service is great for meeting potential flatmates who are studying at any of the UOL unis. I moved down from up north, left it really late but got in touch with a girl who put an ad up, so me, her and another person ended up viewing a few properties together in august and managed to get one.

Alternatively, you could always just advertise on spare room or something, then maybe a few months into your course move somewhere a bit nicer or find someone on the course you'd like to share with.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply Popsicle

I'm going to save myself the hassle and just start looking in August!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissTee101)
    Thanks guys!

I'm really excited but getting quite frustrated with the accommodation search already
    I've not even deluded myself about uni accommodation, Popsicle! Where and how did you end up finding your place?

Sarah, when does the course start at City?

A couple other people on this site seem to be having the same househunting problem. I've only firmed my offer today so I'm waiting to hear the start date, do the CRB and everything else.

I've been told by a girl on the Adult branch King's want a termtime address by the 30th of July so they can start allocating placement trusts and try to allocate people to the most convenient one (as much as they can) but if you don't give them an address by them they assign you the Waterloo campus address (which is where the course is taught anyway). So no pressure, right?!

There's a Lot of places I've found already. Unfortunately, the majority have move in dates of now and August, and I'm pretty sure it starts on the 19th of September or there abouts......
    Hey Miss Tee, City start 5th september so not long to go. Sure there'll paperwork to fill out soon! Hope all goes well.

ReputationRep:
    Hi my name is Naomi,

Ive been accepted onto the pgdip in adult nursing at kings! I just wanted some advice on accomodation? it seems like its better to go private, anyone else in the same boat?

xx

ReputationRep:
    Im curious about PGDip at Kings. Do PGDip students study with 3year nursing students and does PGD students get uni accommodation

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.