Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He only texts me to be bloody nosey and get gossip Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to be really good friends with this boy, like I genuinely saw him as being a really good friend but now he only texts me when he wants to know gossip. It's like he wants to hear the bad stuff going on in my life and gloat about all the good stuff happening to him. I find this really weird considering he's a guy and I'm a girl? I don't get why he cares so much and comes across as competitive? Can anyone explain? I've stopped replying, but I don't know whether to actually say something to him?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You don't know why he does this, but expect strangers to know.

The logic is mind blowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingshoes10)
    I used to be really good friends with this boy, like I genuinely saw him as being a really good friend but now he only texts me when he wants to know gossip. It's like he wants to hear the bad stuff going on in my life and gloat about all the good stuff happening to him. I find this really weird considering he's a guy and I'm a girl? I don't get why he cares so much and comes across as competitive? Can anyone explain? I've stopped replying, but I don't know whether to actually say something to him?

Thanks
    Maybe he's just awkward at chatting to girls, and maybe likes you.. but doesn't know how to show it properly.

Many examples of this such as guys insulting girls too much, being too touchy etc, cuz they don't know how to act around girls they like.

Just a thought :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe cos your general chit chat tires him out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.