Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering do you think that 1 person can change the world for the better. It seems that most people nowadays only care about them selves they don't give a toss about whats going on around them. We've come to a point that when millions of people are dieing we feel no effect in our day to day lives and it's something upsetting to see.

We've heard about the japanese tsunami and the amount of people that have died, but how many of us can actually say that they felt a bit of grief. Most of us don't even care and thats the actual truth.

Im not here to complain or anything I just want people to be aware. If we have the power to change whats around us why are we just sitting around watching people die.

What we have to realise is that for us to make a difference we need to make a loss in some way or form.

The example I give is from the Philosopher Singer

' If you were to walk along a path in a park and see a drowning child and there was no one else to save that child what would you do?'

Obviously most of us hopefully would jump in and save that child even if it meant that your best shirt would get ruined by the dirty water.

So like this we should be making this small sacrifice and see a big outcome in someone elses life.

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of the quote from Schlinders list "he who saves a life, saves the world entire"

ReputationRep:
    Nice thoughts.....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.