Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girl says I'm not boyfriend material watch

Announcements

Hellloooo TSR,

I'm Asian, of Pakistani heritage, born in Switzerland, moved to England when I was 3 months old and have been living here ever since.

A bit of useless information: I'm 5"10, of slim (kind of athletic) build, lighter skin tone than your average Pakistani, and I have dark hair like that dragonball z character, only smaller so I don't look like a freak. My ideal clothes would be a snug fit black hoodie, kind-of-baggy light blue jeans, not too baggy, and Timberlands boots. The ones that look amaaaaaziiingggg with jeans.

I'm decent looking. Caring, funny at times and very protective of my friends. (I once had a fight with this guy because he was bullying this little guy who couldn't fight back) and also, I'm quite skint. Not the richest person you'll meet lol.

Only 16 months ago, I was 15 kg overweight and had a very shy personality. Had a good group of friends but they were all from school and I was hesitant about letting other people into my inner trust circle, if you will. But all that's changed now.

Sorry about rambling on. Wanted to paint as clear a picture of myself as possibly without having to put up a err.. picture.

I asked this girl I'd known for a month or so out and she said no because I'm not "boyfriend material". Thing is, she gave me signals that she wanted me to ask her out. She also got a bit jealous when this girl on the same course was playing with my hair for an hour. The girl I asked out is white btw, not that I think that makes a difference since I live in an amazing area of London where there is virtually no racism and I have faced minimal racism in UK anyway. Love this country in that people, most people, don't judge people on their skin colour.

So anyway... sorry about the long read. Do you guys think I'd make a bad boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    Err I think its got to do with more about your personality than your appearance.

ReputationRep:
    Pakistani boy? White girl? uh oh, oh dear :no:

anyway, too much obsession with appearance makes you sound vain. she probably picks up on that.

also just generally, you sound like it's your right to have this girl, when it's not. learn your rights.

(Original post by Paint-a-Picture)
    Err I think its got to do with more about your personality than your appearance.
    Honestly I'm not boasting but I really don't think there's anything wrong at all with my personality. I have a lot of friends, have had girlfriends who I always kept content and laughing and I don't sleep around or treat anyone badly, and also stand up for myself whenever needed.

It has to be more to do with looks than personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    and I have dark hair like that dragonball z character, only smaller so I don't look like a freak.
    I think there's your problem, go for the full dragonball z look and they'll be lining up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)

anyway, too much obsession with appearance makes you sound vain. she probably picks up on that.

also just generally, you sound like it's your right to have this girl, when it's not. learn your rights.
    Have you really never seen a Pakistani guy with a white girl before lol? You sure you living in Britain mate?

Nooo I'm not vain -.-

I just want to know if there's anything undateable about me. I don't ask out girls much and the girls tthat I have asked out in the past have always said yes. Although it was only 3 of them lol. This girl was flirting with me and I'm sure liked me... idk wtf changed. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0906079)
    Nooo I'm not vain -.-

I just want to know if there's anything undateable about me. I don't ask out girls much and the girls tthat I have asked out in the past have always said yes. Although it was only 3 of them lol. This girl was flirting with me and I'm sure liked me... idk wtf changed. :confused:
    I don't know wtf changed either. Why do you expect anyone here to know or care? :dontknow:

anyway, I'm sure if you got out your deck of Dragon Ball Z cards, she'd be all over you. get in there son!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Honestly I'm not boasting but I really don't think there's anything wrong at all with my personality. I have a lot of friends, have had girlfriends who I always kept content and laughing and I don't sleep around or treat anyone badly, and also stand up for myself whenever needed.

It has to be more to do with looks than personality.
    Nah dont sweat it is the personality. It doesnt mean you have a bad personality it may mean a personality she doesnt find very attractive I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    The first post here bored me so much.

ReputationRep:
    I fail to see how her saying you're "not boyfriend material" could have anything to do with appearance. That is a personality-based rejection. Sorry man. Find someone else.

Noo I'm not vain. -.- I only wrote all that so people couldn't say "well we have no idea how ur lyke... innit".

And tbh the only reason I'm obsessing over this is that I don't really ask out girls too much but the ones I have asked out have always says yes... all THREE of them L, and + this girl did like me I'm sure... I could see it the way she looked at me. Idk wtf changed. :confused:

Noo I'm not vain. -.- I only wrote all that so people couldn't say "well we have no idea how ur lyke... innit".

And tbh the only reason I'm obsessing over this is that I don't really ask out girls too much but the ones I have asked out have always says yes... all THREE of them L, and + this girl did like me I'm sure... I could see it the way she looked at me. Idk wtf changed. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I love it when guys put "slim" and then "athletic" with that... YOU'RE SKINNY. ACCEPT IT. (so am i haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominF)
    If you're bored by normal not-necessarily-exciting young person problems, you're probably in the wrong forum.
    The trolls have ruined me

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a dream-ticket. I'm not sure what her problem is.
    Pic of the hair? Surprised no one has asked yet...

(Original post by rachelkeira)
    The trolls have ruined me
    I'm embarrassed I post on the same forum as you...

(Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    What the **** is "boyfriend material" anyway?
    He isn't made from the special cloth.

ReputationRep:
    What the **** is "boyfriend material" anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Got to be the way you look pal. lost 15 kg in 16 months, so got to have lots of stretch marks left. Besides being asian means you are at a massive disadvantage I'm afraid. I mean same with me trying to chase a pakistani girl, you'd defo have the advantage there.

ReputationRep:
    no offense, but she sounds like abit of a tease! lol... she probs like the chase... but the not the... ??? probs needs/wants abit of attention from you it seems

ReputationRep:
    Nah, don't worry about it. Judging by your personality you seem alright. Don't let it knock your confidence, move on, and if you find yourself liking another girl, don't think twice about askin them out

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.