Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girl says I'm not boyfriend material watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Go super sayain and show her your dragon balls

ReputationRep:
    doesn't like you... must be racist.

nah seriously though, it HAD to be the boots.

ReputationRep:
    Well it seems like she doesn't even really know you so how can she tell you that you're not?

And being a good boyfriennd comes from your personality and your actions, not from how you look.

Don't think too much about it, it sounds like you shouldn't waste your time with her anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hellloooo TSR,

I'm Asian, of Pakistani heritage, born in Switzerland, moved to England when I was 3 months old and have been living here ever since.

A bit of useless information: I'm 5"10, of slim (kind of athletic) build, lighter skin tone than your average Pakistani, and I have dark hair like that dragonball z character, only smaller so I don't look like a freak. My ideal clothes would be a snug fit black hoodie, kind-of-baggy light blue jeans, not too baggy, and Timberlands boots. The ones that look amaaaaaziiingggg with jeans.

I'm decent looking. Caring, funny at times and very protective of my friends. (I once had a fight with this guy because he was bullying this little guy who couldn't fight back) and also, I'm quite skint. Not the richest person you'll meet lol.

Only 16 months ago, I was 15 kg overweight and had a very shy personality. Had a good group of friends but they were all from school and I was hesitant about letting other people into my inner trust circle, if you will. But all that's changed now.

Sorry about rambling on. Wanted to paint as clear a picture of myself as possibly without having to put up a err.. picture.

I asked this girl I'd known for a month or so out and she said no because I'm not "boyfriend material". Thing is, she gave me signals that she wanted me to ask her out. She also got a bit jealous when this girl on the same course was playing with my hair for an hour. The girl I asked out is white btw, not that I think that makes a difference since I live in an amazing area of London where there is virtually no racism and I have faced minimal racism in UK anyway. Love this country in that people, most people, don't judge people on their skin colour.

So anyway... sorry about the long read. Do you guys think I'd make a bad boyfriend?

You need to focus on personality. That kind of statement isn't very looks related

ReputationRep:
    Go SUPER SAIYAN! She'll be creaming her nickers...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she's just not interested? It's not like every girl you meet will be attracted to you.

ReputationRep:
    You're not "boyfriend material" for her i.e. she just doesn't see you that way. You may have picked up on the signals she was giving you wrongly, she may have been being friendly. You can't really tell all that much about someone's personality from a description like that; how are we supposed to know what you're doing wrong? Why didn't ask this girl exactly what she meant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm decent looking.
    People who describe themselves as "decent looking" invariably aren't.

Caring, funny at times and very protective of my friends.
    People who describe themselves as:

"Caring" = Boring.
    "Funny at times" = Boring.
    "Protective of my friends" = Tiresome white knight with no sense of humour.

Jus' sayin'. Generally if you're described as "not boyfriend material", this means you're boring and/or unattractive. The way you've described yourself doesn't particularly make me think otherwise.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.