Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i think they can look cool but i dont personally like them and i wouldnt have one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryboysh)
    I have a few people in my family who have tattoos and though they are rather nice pieces of art I don't think they quite belong on people. Tattoos are a permanent commitment and something you'll have to learn to live with through both the young and the old stages of your life. it may also affect any job interview you have, makes you become easily recognizable, and gives a bit of an impression that you don't care so much for your body.

Your views please on any tattoos you may have, whether or not your regret getting a tattoo, or how a tattoo may have ruined certain things in your life.......
    I think tattoos are for the people who have them, if someone likes theirs then thats good but what right does someone have to judge them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not in all honesty very keen on tattoos. Piercings can look great on people, but the former have too permanent a status and will not necessarily look quite so attractive in the future on somebody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrickedore)
    I think tattoos are for the people who have them, if someone likes theirs then thats good but what right does someone have to judge them?

I was not judging but instead inquiring out of curiosity. The 2 are completely different

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind tattoos if there is a meaning or story behind it, but people that have them for the sake of it do my head in.

ReputationRep:
    I have a few people in my family who have tattoos and though they are rather nice pieces of art I don't think they quite belong on people. Tattoos are a permanent commitment and something you'll have to learn to live with through both the young and the old stages of your life. it may also affect any job interview you have, makes you become easily recognizable, and gives a bit of an impression that you don't care so much for your body.

Your views please on any tattoos you may have, whether or not your regret getting a tattoo, or how a tattoo may have ruined certain things in your life.......
    Do you really need the question asked in the thread's title answered? You give away your bias in the last paragraph - only asking for negative responses or anecdotes ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream Weaver)
    :facepalm2:

(Original post by anael)
    for example in my country if you have it you are regarded as a criminal.
    This is actually true in some Eastern European countries e.g Russia.

ReputationRep:
    Tattoos and piercings on the right place on girls = :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukr-nffc)
    Do you really need the question asked in the thread's title answered? You give away your bias in the last paragraph - only asking for negative responses or anecdotes ...

Thank's for killing the lively atmosphere. Why bother in other peoples business?

ReputationRep:
    Thank's for killing the lively atmosphere. Why bother in other peoples business?
    what 'lively atmosphere? And why bother posting on a public forum if you dont want people to comment?

As far as your original question is concerned - some employers are occasionally put off by tattoos and it would probably be wise to be able to cover them if you were wanting a career in a 'professional' environment - otherwise each to their own regarding tattoos, i have 7 and don't regret a single one - and will most probably be adding to those ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildebeest)
    I'm not in all honesty very keen on tattoos. Piercings can look great on people, but the former have too permanent a status and will not necessarily look quite so attractive in the future on somebody.
    What about those who have plugs?

ReputationRep:
    I would love a tattoo when I'm older, but I wouldnt get it for the sake of it, and it would have to have meaning to it! I would love to have one where it is discreet after I have had children, so that it isnt obvious and nobody would see it unless I wanted them to. I wanna have an impression of my childs hand&footprint done in black&white on the side of my hip with their date of birth underneath it. I think it will be special and have huge meaning behind it

ReputationRep:
    I try not to form opinions on other people's tattoos, unless I know why they got it in the first place, or exactly what it means to them.
    Who am I to judge otherwise?

I have a few small tattoos myself, I got them for a reason. They mean a lot more than what they appear, if that makes sense :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Usually bad, since most people get tasteless, over-elaborate colourful ones. Monochrome and simple can often look great though.

ReputationRep:
    Good! Well, it depends. I'm quite picky when it comes to tattoos... I like it when people have a theme, and I tend to prefer black ones to colour ones, but it depends on how it suits the person.

I personally have five tattoos, all fitting one theme - and they're all black, relatively small and hideable

ReputationRep:

Most people have tattoos because they want something on them permanently, lots of other things in life are permanent like having children but it doesn't necessarily mean it's bad just because it's forever.

It only affects job interviews if the tattoo is visible, and I really don't understand why you think it gives the impression someone doesn't care about their body?!

Personally, I don't have any tattoos and I probably never will get one, but I do still think some people can pull them off really well and it doesn't reflect on them badly merely for having some ink on their body!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovingOn)
    Most people have tattoos because they want something on them permanently, lots of other things in life are permanent like having children but it doesn't necessarily mean it's bad just because it's forever.

It only affects job interviews if the tattoo is visible, and I really don't understand why you think it gives the impression someone doesn't care about their body?!

Personally, I don't have any tattoos and I probably never will get one, but I do still think some people can pull them off really well and it doesn't reflect on them badly merely for having some ink on their body!

Wrong! but you entitled to your opinion. enough said

ReputationRep:
    Wrong? According to who? You? I think you've failed to grasp the concept of right and wrong, and personal opinions darling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    The right tattoo on the right person, on the right part of the body looks good.

I've seen some MINGING tattoos though.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream Weaver)

Expertly done

I can admire beautiful/awesome tattoos but they're one of those things that look good on other people but not me. Plus, I'd be too indecisive about what to get. I used to want lightning blots on my fingers, and then thought about getting musical notes somewhere or lyrics, or stars...basically doodly things that I can do with pen and wash off anyway :p:

Got to admit though, when you hear about chavs getting Chinese symbols (or something written in another language they don't actually understand) and it actually says something completely different to what they asked for...I can't help but laugh :teehee: I mean, it's permanent! You'd at least check first, right???

If you're going to troll, at least put some effort into it, lad!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.