Turn on thread page Beta

Claiming benefits and doing voluntary work watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Is it not better to get out and do something useful than to sit in the house dreaming up conspiracy theories all day?
    Sitting here reading your posts sometimes makes me want to do something so productive I feel like jumping off a bridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    Sitting here reading your posts sometimes makes me want to do something so productive I feel like jumping off a bridge.
    Maybe the illuminati will replace you with a cyborg.

Shame there's only tunnels crossing the Mersey eh?

ReputationRep:
    I actually saw the manager there and she told me straight that if I wanted to do work experience in a gym, I would have to sign-off JSA because it would be classed as work and not volunteering. She also said it must be a registered charity. Of course, I accepted her word as authority; what reason would I have to question her authority?
    Well now you have every reason to challenge her because she is WRONG.
    Man up and get back there.

ReputationRep:
    I actually saw the manager there and she told me straight that if I wanted to do work experience in a gym, I would have to sign-off JSA because it would be classed as work and not volunteering. She also said it must be a registered charity. Of course, I accepted her word as authority; what reason would I have to question her authority?
    when i have started all 4 of my jobs i was always told the same thing by my superiors if i don't know the answer to the question make up an answer.

i assume she was doing this as senior members of staff who don't know the answer to your questions don't look like they should be in that position

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    I'm going to do just that on Friday. Let's see what these women have to say.

ReputationRep:
    Take a printout of their own leaflet. She's obviously never seen it!
    Make sure you have familiarised yourself with it and that you meet the conditions ie no money other than expenses, availability for interview and work. If you still get knocked back inform them you are going to ask for a written review and for the name of the most senior position to write to. Then follow it up in writing. You can still appeal even if that gets knocked back.
    Let's face it you are only trying to do what the Tories expect the unemployed to be doing anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.